• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question: Savvy Boardie Investor
3 3

202 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

Did you purposely leave out in the online dictionary where it shows as a noun that it’s spelled as M-a-c?

And everyone else shows it as M-a-c.

Par from the course from someone as intellectually dishonest as you. 

But hey, don’t let the truth get in the way of your agenda. 

5B2C9BF6-B97F-40E9-AD5F-0402A982D210.jpeg

3B0D1D9D-D377-46AA-A4E4-8648F3C4B9C7.jpeg

8BABAEB1-FD6F-4FB0-B789-EF850BFB15A3.jpeg

Words become words through usage.  That's why new words are always being added to dictionaries, and why we don't talk like this anymore:

To the noble one bear we a weighty commission,

The helm of the Danemen; we shall hide, I ween,

Is it true that a monster is slaying Danish heroes?

Naught of our message. Thou know’st if it happen,

As we soothly heard say, that some savage despoiler

MacGuffin or McGuffin are both accepted, used spellings.  But even if they were not, a misspelled word does not mean you win forever.

Your own post said MacGuffin sometimes McGuffin or even Maguffin-did you even bother to read it?

Edited by kav

10 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

There's so much irony in this thread that I'll never have a deficiency that leads to tripping when I stand up too fast ever again...

NASA is going to need to send another craft to the Voyager now-

8 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

You photoshopped out where it showed the spelling as a noun. Your intent was to deceive. It’s all right there. 

Any way you can explain wth you are talking about?  Here are screen caps from your posts side by side with mine-can you explain what I photoshopped (I dont even have photoshop)??  Foil hat loose today?

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 12.45.21 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 12.45.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 12.46.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 12.47.04 PM.png

16 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

No. Here is mine next to the one You posted. In yours the noun spelling has mysteriously disappeared.

And you’re a wanna-be artist and you don’t have photoshop? Hmmm...FD381721-92D0-4B7E-A1E0-F790310A5617.jpeg.1f36234fcc68611b4dc83764ad588429.jpeg

BD316033-EA16-43E7-9636-75B2210AC7BB.jpeg.e6c91e34740748028794ca0ebfae7f7a.jpeg

Not really seeing how this would be a gotcha moment tho ??? 

Ps had some great Thai food today.

Edited by kav

7 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

And you’re a wanna-be artist and you don’t have photoshop? Hmmm..

No.  And I can prove it.  I've asked boardies in the past to photoshop stuff for me.  @Hudson for one photoshopped me on the great wall of china.  I draw with pen and ink-period.

1 hour ago, D84 said:

You guy are still at it?

Look, Gower accused me of falsifying data to win an argument-excuse me if I defend that charge.

Edited by kav

Although I find this entire conversation to be totally ridiculous, I can attest to two things...

1) KAV once asked me to photoshop something for him, and told me that he did not have the ability to do it himself.  I told him I did not know how, but knew someone who could do it for me.  He sent me a picture and asked me to show him on the Great Wall of China.  He further asked me not to make it look "too real", as it was intended as a joke, not as a deception.

2) When I googled the word in question, what appears to be the exact thing KAV posted came up on my screen.  Here is the link....

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=hAiUXMPDEMSw5wKynZCICw&q=mcguffin&oq=mcguffin&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0j0i10j0l3j0i10j0l4.1892.13911..28153...12.0..0.103.1106.13j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131.hkgPOXeMtv0

I don't have any dog in this fight and I really don't even know Mr. Gower (other than as someone who has posted on the boards for many years).   I have never had a problem with either of these individuals, however, since I was mentioned in a post (above), I felt I should add my 2c (for that is about all it is worth - and probably not that much).

5 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

That's a classic TimeX nurse's watch on the Joker. It's printed upside down so as to be hanging from pocket and readable upside down  

Carry on. 

Edited by NoMan

On 3/18/2019 at 11:34 PM, cosmic_surfer said:

Question for the savvy investor: What is the staying power of Marvel Superheroes 13 and Ms. Marvel 1?

Captain Marvel movie has been out for almost 2 weeks now and I just don’t get the sense that people should be holding on to these for investment purposes. Unlike Black Panther, which is beloved by not only the Afro community but also the general public. 

Im not trying to be political or SJW here. I love super hero movies (both DC and Marvel) but this is just my observation. 

Thanks!

From my experience, the best time to have sold this book would’ve been a month to two weeks ago. That lead up right to the opening of the movie is usually when you’ll find the greatest demand. 

Long term? Doubtful there’s any long term big money in either of these. 

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Whew!   Too much carp to digest.:baiting:

Look I'm gettin some flak for arguin but I've found if ya whack a mole they dont pop up for a long time.  In the long run my efforts = less board arguments.  

Just now, kav said:

Look I'm gettin some flak for arguin but I've found if ya whack a mole they dont pop up for a long time.  In the long run my efforts = less board arguments.  

Well that sounds reasonable. :eek:

Just now, oakman29 said:

Well that sounds reasonable. :eek:

You know me oak-I'm a reasonable chap! :acclaim:

On 3/19/2019 at 10:58 AM, RCheli said:

I mean, the peak is past for both of them. I saw a lot of copies of both those books in the last half dozen shows I've set up at, and they haven't sold. I mean, look at MSH #18 -- two very successful movies and a third on the way, and yet that book is forgotten. 

But if you've had these books for a while, I don't think selling them now is a good idea. She looks to be a big part of the MCU for a while, and that will keep them at a high value -- though not at the peak of late last year.

The thing with MSH#18 is that group is not the beloved Guardians of the Galaxy of the movies. Basically a whole different team with the same name.