• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1k to invest

11 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, dodgehemi345 said:

I’m looking to get a Stan Lee comic that is around 1k and important/key not just any one.  I’m all over the place So many to choose from.  What would some of you guys or ladies suggest.

thanks I’m kind of new to comics.  

Why do you want to spend so much?  Are you a big fan of Stan?  I'm just curious why you would pony up a grand for a book you don't know much about?

That’s the info I’m looking for thanks.  Reason I want a Stan lee is well he ain’t singing anymore.  Yes there are thousands if not millions of books with his sign, but you have to have 1 comic with his sign.  

What others was he directly involved with? Thanks

2 minutes ago, dodgehemi345 said:

That’s the info I’m looking for thanks.  Reason I want a Stan lee is well he ain’t singing anymore.  Yes there are thousands if not millions of books with his sign, but you have to have 1 comic with his sign.  

What others was he directly involved with? Thanks

Fantastic Four 48,49 ,50.... He was involved in, you can read the CGC labels, anything that says Stan Lee story would be cool :) 

15 hours ago, dodgehemi345 said:

I’m looking to get a Stan Lee comic that is around 1k and important/key not just any one.  I’m all over the place So many to choose from.  What would some of you guys or ladies suggest.

thanks I’m kind of new to comics.  

savage she-hulk #1 9.8 

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, Antyreal said:

I would just do a search on eBay in the Silver and Bronze age sections.  Stick to something that he had direct involvement in like Amazing Spider-man #50.

Could have snagged a double signed 6.0 for $900 or so (although who knows where the high bidder would have been willing to go):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-50-6-0-SS-CGC-Stan-Lee-Romita-Signed-1st-First-Kingpin/153401788958?hash=item23b7758a1e:g:WNIAAOSwDNRcfJUt

These signatures seem to add about $300 to the cost.

Edited by the blob

12 minutes ago, the blob said:

Could have snagged a double signed 6.0 for $900 or so (although who knows where the high bidder would have been willing to go):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-50-6-0-SS-CGC-Stan-Lee-Romita-Signed-1st-First-Kingpin/153401788958?hash=item23b7758a1e:g:WNIAAOSwDNRcfJUt

These signatures seem to add about $300 to the cost.

Ya, I was a bidder in that.  I topped out at $650, I really thought it was going to go higher.