• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If All Comics Were Equal...
3 3

83 posts in this topic

There isn't an easy way to ask this, but I'll try.

Pretend you have unlimited financial resources. You're Bill Gates, or Jeff Bezos. If you could only own 1 comic, what would it be?

Is it Action Comics #1, even though the monetary value doesn't really mean anything?

Mine would probably be Brave and the Bold #28, or the 1st Cover with all 7 OG Justice League members (not sure which issue that is).

32 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

49C1476C-5545-4FAD-BF82-832A3613DEF6.jpeg.0a6d0207bbe6a2068043dacb2991bc82.jpeg

No I just love the hypo needle cover. Awesome greens. I feel like it’s one of the only golden Bats that has a PCH theme. 

I had one of those that I sold to Matt Nelson in 2000.  My biggest sales regret because the replacement cost is about 25 times what I sold it for.

high grade Blue Bolt 105... I'd probably eventually buy an Action 1 and a 'tec 27, but I'd love to go find the owner of the Blue Bolt #105 in 9.8. And just put a pile of money in front of him, wait for him to say no. Then double the pile of money, see him squirm maybe say no again, and then double the pile of money again. It'd be real interesting to see where his "I cant say no to THIS MUCH money!" line was. 

1471527926_001(227).jpg.1d6e9a91451c28e42f3dc729c79e7749.thumb.jpg.15136d093d0cd2f27199731f57584aa0.jpg

5 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

high grade Blue Bolt 105... I'd probably eventually buy an Action 1 and a 'tec 27, but I'd love to go find the owner of the Blue Bolt #105 in 9.8. And just put a pile of money in front of him, wait for him to say no. Then double the pile of money, see him squirm maybe say no again, and then double the pile of money again. It'd be real interesting to see where his "I cant say no to THIS MUCH money!" line was. 

1471527926_001(227).jpg.1d6e9a91451c28e42f3dc729c79e7749.thumb.jpg.15136d093d0cd2f27199731f57584aa0.jpg

That's a beautiful cover!

12 minutes ago, D84 said:

I had one of those that I sold to Matt Nelson in 2000.  My biggest sales regret because the replacement cost is about 25 times what I sold it for.

That’s a tough one to loose. :frown: Doubtful that I will own a complete copy one day but even a coverless copy with that splash would be cool. 

"I have a dream today....I have a dream that my comic books will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the drawings on their covers but by the content of their storylines!

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every newsstand and every comic shop, from every convention and every film premiere, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's comics, Marvel and DC, Image and Dark Horse, IDW and Dynamite, will be able to marry wraps and flutter to the words of the old EC spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

(with, of course, respect to Mr. King, Jr. :applause: )

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

"I have a dream today....I have a dream that my comic books will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the drawings on their covers but by the content of their storylines!

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every newsstand and every comic shop, from every convention and every film premiere, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's comics, Marvel and DC, Image and Dark Horse, IDW and Dynamite, will be able to marry wraps and flutter to the words of the old EC spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

(with, of course, respect to Mr. King, Jr. :applause: )

All of this, and you didn't even tell us what book it would be!?

:pullhair: