• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painful Lesson
1 1

174 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mystafo said:

Eh, before I call it "nice" I'd need to know a) exactly how much time has passed before his conscience could no longer be ignored and b) how much research went into that "fair market value" analysis.  What about interest?

According to some philosophies there is no such thing as an "ex" thief.

It brings a lot of what I think about Nineteen Fifties into perspective.

2 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Eh, before I call it "nice" I'd need to know a) exactly how much time has passed before his conscience could no longer be ignored and b) how much research went into that "fair market value" analysis.  What about interest?

Most thieves as teens never seek out and reimburse even a penny so I'm gonna go with nice.

Just now, NoMan said:

Do the boards seem extra contentious lately? Seems to me they are. 

I don't think so, but Doc Brown tends to bring out the "best" in people 2c

2 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Agreed. It certainly wasn't 'nice' when he robbed the guy in the first place. So pangs of guilt made him do the right thing in the end? Good. But that don't make things right. If someone punches your face in then later apologises, does that make everything right?

I'm with Hector, no awards or praise should be expected or deserved. 

9 minutes ago, kav said:

Nope.  You go after someone who did something nice, I call you on it.  Free and open communication.

I'll play your game: "who said I was going after someone? Did my comment reference anyone? Nope. So why are you assuming? You're doing what you always do: finding any pretext to start yet another fight."

As someone recently said: "The easiest way to appear smart is just negate things people say. "

Go away, kav. Don't go away mad...just go away.

No, I was thinking about that prior to the last 4 posts in this thread. Perhaps venturing into the Comic Movie thread for the first times and witnessing the endless arguing about what a film has "grossed" and what that "means" has something to do with it. 

7 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

when i was a young teen we stole comics from our local LCS...

the LCS is still there but they don't carry comics anymore , just books and mags ..

about ten years ago i went back and repaid the owner for the fair amount value of what i had stolen 35 years before

he was very pleased and he told me that others have done the same thing over the years

You are an angel.

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

No, I was thinking about that prior to the last 4 posts in this thread. Perhaps venturing into the Comic Movie thread for the first times and witnessing the endless arguing about what a film has "grossed" and what that "means" has something to do with it. 

Oh yeah, some of those guys act like they had their own money invested in the movie the way they carry on about the grosses lol

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'll play your game: "who said I was going after someone? Did my comment reference anyone? Nope. So why are you assuming? You're doing what you always do: finding any pretext to start yet another fight."

As someone recently said: "The easiest way to appear smart is just negate things people say. "

If you're trying to pretend you weren't talking about 1950's, that's laughable at best.  And why did you negate what he said and say it 'doesnt count'?  If you're going to adopt my philosophy at least also apply it to yourself.

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'll play your game: "who said I was going after someone? Did my comment reference anyone? Nope.

Okay, this is a bit of a stretch. The intention behind your language was clear. Don't play semantics. 

1 minute ago, G G said:

Agreed. It certainly wasn't 'nice' when he robbed the guy in the first place. So pangs of guilt made him do the right thing in the end? Good. But that don't make things right. If someone punches your face in then later apologises, does that make everything right?

I'm with Hector, no awards or praise should be expected or deserved. 

And to the miscreants who call it an "example": it could easily have been phrased in such a way as to not make it a humble brag. If you want credit for doing the right thing, for fixing a wrong...don't tell anyone about it. If you want to illustrate an example to others...take yourself out of it.

5 minutes ago, kav said:
7 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I don't think so, but Doc Brown tends to bring out the "best" in people 2c

Organic Squishee has a habit of going after people then crying victim when someone does same to him.  

This is an example of Logan510 and kav attempting to provoke conflict. "Doc Brown" and "Organic Squishee" are/were user names of mine on other websites.

No other response, just stating it for the record.

3 minutes ago, newshane said:
8 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'll play your game: "who said I was going after someone? Did my comment reference anyone? Nope.

Okay, this is a bit of a stretch. The intention behind your language was clear. Don't play semantics. 

I'm playing kav's game, which I clearly labeled as his game. Don't get mad at me; get mad at kav.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm playing kav's game, which I clearly labeled as his game. Don't get mad at me; get mad at kav.

Yes that's it-he was just----uh---playing a game is all-  lol 

6 minutes ago, kav said:
8 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

If you're trying to pretend you weren't talking about 1950's, that's laughable at best.  And why did you negate what he said and say it 'doesnt count'?  If you're going to adopt my philosophy at least also apply it to yourself.

I'm merely playing the game you always play: making a comment aimed at someone else, but just ambiguous enough to plausibly deny your intent...then going ahead and denying it

You know, like referring to "Organic Squishee."

Go away, kav. You're going to succeed in getting yet another thread locked.