• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painful Lesson
1 1

174 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Go away, kav. You're going to succeed in getting yet another thread locked.

Perhaps the Mods should review his custom title? "IBTL is my raison d'etre'  is catchy.

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

What did you publish RMA? If it was an area of comics I was interested in, I'd trust you to be knowledgable and pick it up.

Do message board posts count?

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm merely playing the game you always play: making a comment aimed at someone else, but just ambiguous enough to plausibly deny your intent...then going ahead and denying it

You know, like referring to "Organic Squishee."

Well you did call me VAK for a while-there's that self-awareness thing again....

Well ok then I'm just 'playing a game' saying things then refuting other things and not actually 'provoking'.  See how that works?  lol 

2 minutes ago, kav said:
6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And to the miscreants who call it an "example": it could easily have been phrased in such a way as to not make it a humble brag. If you want credit for doing the right thing, for fixing a wrong...don't tell anyone about it. If you want to illustrate an example to others...take yourself out of it.

Was it a humble brag when you claimed to be a 'published comic historian'?  hm

No, and you are misusing the term "humble brag."

4 minutes ago, kav said:

You seem expert on how others should behave but never examine how you yourself behave....

That is a fine, high quality strawman you have constructed. 

Go away, kav. 

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:

What did you publish RMA? If it was an area of comics I was interested in, I'd trust you to be knowledgable and pick it up.

Not relevant. Don't take kav's bait. If you're interested, send me a PM.

2 minutes ago, kav said:
7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm merely playing the game you always play: making a comment aimed at someone else, but just ambiguous enough to plausibly deny your intent...then going ahead and denying it

You know, like referring to "Organic Squishee."

Well you did call me VAK for a while-there's that self-awareness thing again....

Well ok then I'm just 'playing a game' saying things then refuting other things and not actually 'provoking'.  See how that works?  lol 

Go away, kav. 

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

Just now, NoMan said:

I'm not gonna get into personal squabble's around here. I was serious. 

And I was also being serious. If one calls themselves a "published" author but the only place they've been "published" is their posts on a message board does that actually count?

In this digital age I'm not sure it's not a legitimate claim (shrug)

15 minutes ago, NoMan said:

My first reaction to 1950's post was thinking, "Well, now's the perfect time to start stealing from the shop again." 

Just my humor is all. I'm sure 1950's learned his/her lesson. 

Then don't listen the little devil on your shoulder.

1 minute ago, kav said:
3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Not relevant. Don't take kav's bait.

Since he wont answer I will-he claimed to be a 'published comic historian' because of all his online posts about comics.  lol 

Pretty relevant, I would say.

Go away, kav.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I can understand why RMA wants me to 'go away' lol

"no comment!"

I will comment as much and as often as you wish, in a neutral forum that will not artificially end the conversation, and will allow all parties to say what they need to say, regardless of what.

Until you are willing to do that...and you have been thoroughly unwilling to do so heretofore...go away, kav.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I will comment as much and as often as you wish, in a neutral forum that will not artificially end the conversation, and will allow all parties to say what they need to say, regardless of what.

Until you are willing to do that...and you have been thoroughly unwilling to do so heretofore...go away, kav.

In other words "I'll confront you only if I have all my buddies around me and you are by yourself" lol   Very brave of you!