• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painful Lesson
1 1

174 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kav said:
6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I will comment as much and as often as you wish, in a neutral forum that will not artificially end the conversation, and will allow all parties to say what they need to say, regardless of what.

Until you are willing to do that...and you have been thoroughly unwilling to do so heretofore...go away, kav.

In other words "I'll confront you only if I have all my buddies around me and you are by yourself" lol   Very brave of you!

As expected. When one "argument" is debunked, pivot to another. "I will only take shots at you where I know I can get away with it!!" 

Go away, kav. You're ruining yet another thread.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 minutes ago, kav said:

In other words "I'll confront you only if I have all my buddies around me and you are by yourself" lol   Very brave of you!

It's not RMAs fault he may have friends, and it's no surprise you do not.

I presume you are talking about a 'virtual' scenario because in the real world I doubt you would get permission from your mom to leave the basement.

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

:grin:

I was watching an old Pink Panther movie with Peter Sellers early the other morning and started reading up on him. You know he had a heart attack snorten' poppers?

Return of the Pink Panther, I believe. Laughed my as* off as a kid. It may have been the first fake documentary I'd ever seen.

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

As expected. "I will only take shots at you where I know I can get away with it!!"

Go away, kav. You're ruining yet another thread.

i was actually quite stunned that you took a a shot at me over the story i told about my youth,,, it was a personal affront unless it was in jest ??

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

i was actually quite stunned that you took a a shot at me over the story i told about my youth,,, it was a personal affront unless it was in jest ??

I can't believe you are taking some high moral ground about ripping someone off. So youth gets you a pass, because that's not really you? Try telling that to the parents of James Bulger.

5 minutes ago, kav said:
11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

As expected. When one "argument" is debunked, pivot to another. 

Is that like when someone asked you where you were published and you said 'not relevant'? hm

Exquisite strawman you've defeated, sir! Bravo! :applause:

Just now, kav said:

The argument was that you claim something you're not ie bragging, and when confronted about it, pivoted to 'not relevant' and moved on to another topic.  You can say straw man but that doesnt make it straw man.  You claiming to be published was debunked, you pivoted.  Not straw man.

giphy.gif&f=1

9 minutes ago, G G said:

I can't believe you are taking some high moral ground about ripping someone off. So youth gets you a pass, because that's not really you? Try telling that to the parents of James Bulger.

when i was young there were no "two children at a store only" rules as there are today .. this rule which is now nearly everywhere arose because young teenagers really cannot be trusted in stores without parents,  i was not perfect then , but have tried my best to make amends which is all anyone can do to make up for the transgressions of their youth

Edited by 1950's war comics

FWIW-RMA

I care not whether you are a published Comics historian or not. I find your posts generally to be well written, thoughtful and intelligent. I take people on here (and in life) as I find them. Whether you are a comic book boffin or not is completely irrelevant. I don't know why we are even discussing that...then again I do :whistle:

4 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

when i was young there were no "two children at a store only" rules as there are today .. this rule which is now nearly everywhere arose because young teenagers really cannot be trusted in stores without parents,  i was not perfect then , but have tried my best to make amends which is all anyone can do to make up for the transgressions of their youth

WE were all young once. We all made mistakes. I have done wrong things, bad things in my youth. Things I am not proud of. Going back and trying to put things right would only make me feel better. Living with the guilt is a form of punishment, it has shaped the person I try to be. Saying sorry does not make it right, so don't expect a medal.