• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Silver Age size Fortress for SALE PRICE DROP $ 35.00 shipped in the USA

18 posts in this topic

No Probies,  HOS, or board members with questionable backgrounds.    Paypal only--no personal Paypal
Payment in 3 days or item goes back up for sale
International at cost but no complaints if it never gets to you. I am powerless to help you find a lost or missing package outside of the USA.
Raw shipping to CONUS--USPS--$11.00 via Priority shipping..

Canada and elsewhere shipping at cost

Edited by nochips

Prior to CGC these were sold to hold books. Super hard plastic that has screws that hold it together. You can drop this on the ground and it will not crack, unlike a CGC slab. Book goes inside and it's pretty secure. Old Time collectors bought these all the time. Now we spend $30.00 to get a book graded.

1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

I remember those! I always thought it seemed crazy expensive to just put one book in... funny how times have changed! GLWTS

Now we pay more to slab them and the slabs crack so easy. Maybe you have an expensive book you want put in there for safe keeping, it's super tough.

5 minutes ago, nochips said:

Now we pay more to slab them and the slabs crack so easy. Maybe you have an expensive book you want put in there for safe keeping, it's super tough.

Definitely...they are pretty cool and they did seem really sturdy.  Also, it still allows you to read and look through the actual book still!  I am sure there will be one comic “historian” who would want to add this into their cave!

36 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Definitely...they are pretty cool and they did seem really sturdy.  Also, it still allows you to read and look through the actual book still!  I am sure there will be one comic “historian” who would want to add this into their cave!

Not really. The book is sandwiched in between two hard plastic slabs, held together by screws.

Very surprised its still here - these used to sell like you wouldn't believe.

Shipping to Australia will be stupidly expensive otherwise at $40 it's a no-brainer.

Great item.

The thing is even these classified as silver are all about the gaskets.  Same size as Golden Age just need different gaskets.  These are great for folks that want to be able to touch their books once in a while and still provide the utmost in protection.  Better than any slab IMO