• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Leader's Report on his visits to 3 Carolinas comic cons

19 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, peewee22 said:

Marv Wolfman was there, so cool. I think he did some Bronze Spidey (Marvel Team Up?).

He wrote many books. The only one I remember enjoy reading at the time was his long run on Tomb of Dracula. After Stan Lee and Roy Thomas, all the other writer Marvel writers are mostly just a blur to me.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:16 PM, the_Leader_knows said:

The Leader’s Report on his visits to the Captain’s  Comic Expo 23-24 February, South Carolina Comicon 9-10 March and North Carolina Comicon 15-16 March 2019. As usual he awaits your comments. Click on the link below.

https://pristine.webspaceforme.net/Facebook/CaptainsComicExpo2019/mainintropage.html

Leader,

Always enjoy your reports!

Each report is a special contribution to the history of comic books and fandom. 

Keep'em comin!

Thanks,

-john

On 3/22/2019 at 1:17 PM, the_Leader_knows said:

Here's an article I wrote a few years ago on the Pre-Marvel comics I love so much.

http://pristine.webspaceforme.net/leaderchronicles/premarvels/journeyintopremarvels.html

outstanding article and excellent color reproductions, especially the Ditko galleries. This august Marvel is releasing the first Masters of Suspense" Vol featuring 688 pages of all Ditko pre hero work..its just the first volume...probably of two, its about time these stories were upgraded to a book for themselves. Thank you leader for being there for US true comic book collectors and please keep up the great work, let me know your review when the book comes out...

2 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

outstanding article and excellent color reproductions, especially the Ditko galleries. This august Marvel is releasing the first Masters of Suspense" Vol featuring 688 pages of all Ditko pre hero work..its just the first volume...probably of two, its about time these stories were upgraded to a book for themselves. Thank you leader for being there for US true comic book collectors and please keep up the great work, let me know your review when the book comes out...

I've been waiting for a book like this "Masters of Suspense" for a long time. I ordered three copies from my local comic book store: 1 copy to read until it falls apart, 1 copy to read after that and 1 copy to speculate on since the price will go up when it goes out of print.