• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of Terror Annual 1
1 1

157 posts in this topic

Well I certainly prefer the cover of 2. Suppose you can;t say either which one you prefer in this case regarding content, as they can be so different from one another with what happens to be inside

I have now sold almost ALL of my SA/BA to buy my pch's. Something will have to budge soon I guess. Perhaps the house and I live in a caravan....Yes..yes that is what I will do

3 minutes ago, *matterus023* said:

Ok so I know I am being simple here so treat me as you would a child. 

So you say yours has x,y & z inside. Why does the inside vary for this particualr annual...and others from what you are saying. Is the answer just...it is what it is or was there a reason behind it?

Thanks

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you. Things often come off different in print than if verbally. :foryou:

ALL the EC annuals have random contents. No rhyme or reason as to their contents. It was a way for EC to get rid of the copies that didn't sell.  I once owned a Two Fisted #2 that 2 copies of the same book inside.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you. Things often come off different in print than if verbally. :foryou:

ALL the EC annuals have random contents. No rhyme or reason as to their contents. It was a way for EC to get rid of the copies that didn't sell.  I once owned a Two Fisted #2 that 2 copies of the same book inside.

Wasn't offended in the slightest....I often find that people get tired of questions...so if I am self deprecating I find peopel are more willing to answer lol

So...thanks for the answer. I have loads to learn 

After a million years in this hobby, I learn something new all the time here. I find these boards (especially in the GA forum), to be a wealth of great info and the folks that post here always willing to share and partake their knowledge. Never feel funny to ask questions. We all love our funny books here.

Now, crack that wonderful TOT #2 and read the darn thing...:devil:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

As I said before. These annuals are comprised of random issues that did not sell on the newstands. Contents vary all over the place for the year they were published. My copy has Vault of Horror #12 (#1), Tales from the Crypt #20 (#1), Haunt of Fear #15 (#1) and Weird Science #13 (#2). A lucky occurance and worth more as far as I am concerned than if there were other non #1 issues inside.

READ your comics. Especially ECs. They are among the best comics ever produced art and story wise. If you don't you are really missing out...

This is what I was alluding to earlier.  I heard of another copy that contained Vault 12, Tales 20, Haunt 15, and Fantasy 13.  Firsts all.  I agree that if I were looking at copies and all things being equal, I'd pay a premium for the copy with your interiors.  Good Stuff, Robot Man!

4 hours ago, *matterus023* said:

Well I certainly prefer the cover of 2. Suppose you can;t say either which one you prefer in this case regarding content, as they can be so different from one another with what happens to be inside

I have now sold almost ALL of my SA/BA to buy my pch's. Something will have to budge soon I guess. Perhaps the house and I live in a caravan....Yes..yes that is what I will do

Sell the house AND the car, and live in a cardboard box under a bridge, so you can collect EC annuals.  :wink:

1 hour ago, *matterus023* said:

You sir are an ideas guy... I can tell 

Here's the third of the series now on eBay, ending Sunday; https://www.ebay.com/itm/TALES-OF-TERROR-ANNUAL-1953-EC-Complete-128-pages-GD-reader-tape-on-spine/123695887462?hash=item1cccd97466%3Ag%3AeeUAAOSwVbhcjtat&LH_Auction=1

This issue is the most common of the three, and it's a rag, but you won't see another come along for quite awhile.

On 3/22/2019 at 12:05 AM, lpsunburst said:

On the plus side there are 17 copies on the census and I know of 2 dealers who do the local comicons in VA that have one in their private collections so they are out there. I do see 2 and 3 with some regularity especially if you follow HA, CC and CL. I decided to chase tougher runs than EC so I have been selling those off lately, I know, glutton for punishment....

17 is more than I would have expected. I wonder if many of them are resubs. 

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

I am inspired to find out which books are in my Two Fisted annuals. The last time I went through them I didn’t have access to GCD!

I used the Russ Cochran bound volumes since I didn’t want to pull out my originals. The GCD wasn’t around then. Now you can search by title of first story, skip 4 stories, and search the next one. Should be fast and fun to see what you have. I have owned several of most of them and contents were totally different in each one.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:52 AM, KirbyJack said:

I am inspired to find out which books are in my Two Fisted annuals. The last time I went through them I didn’t have access to GCD!

No hidden treasure. 

#1: Two-Fisted 20 and 26; Frontline 5 and 7.

#2: Two-Fisted 28, 29 and 30; Frontline 10. 

27DF6612-DB07-477C-B72E-09791B93B546.thumb.jpeg.d6e14c26fcf6d28db11c938ba9e1a7e1.jpeg

Edited by KirbyJack