• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of Terror Annual 1
1 1

157 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Curious to know if CGC would put the contents on the label if I were ever to submit my copies for grading?

You could request it...and it depends who you talk too...LOL

17 hours ago, davet75 said:

Cool thread on ToT annuals.  It got me looking around out of curiosity and look what I found on the Bay!  The bid is at $3700 with 7 days to go.  Will be interesting to see where it ends.  Any guesses?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Terror-Annual-1-RARE-Pre-Code-EC-Horror-Giant-Comic-1951-CGC-2-5/143265382711?hash=item215b484137:g:6pkAAOSwAWJc5z1U&frcectupt=true

Also very cool that the seller was the submitter or at least had pics of all 4 issues in the annual.

Thinking it will be close to 5k, which is helped by the seller disclosing which issues were included inside (CGC really should do that in this specific comics case).
But honestly i'm far more interested in seeing the sellers other auctions, specifically Chamber of Chills #23 5.5. Price of that one has shot up, and this one as already hit 2k. 

Edited by Sauce Dog

5 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Chamber of Chills #23 5.5. Price of that one has shot up, and this one as already hit 2k. 

A raw File Copy with a great looking front cover, but quite a bit of back cover water staining, went for over $5k recently. I bet this one does almost as well. 

Just now, october said:

A raw File Copy with a great looking front cover, but quite a bit of back cover water staining, went for over $5k recently. I bet this one does almost as well. 

Nice - I didn't hear about that raw copy, good to hear its getting the attention it deserves as I have a cgc 4.5 of this issue that looks much better than this 5.5 (I was actually surprised by the 5.5 grade here for that front cover). 

3 minutes ago, october said:

At risk of contaminating this thread here's the ebay listing for Chamber of Chills #23 5.5       :signofftopic:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chamber-of-Chills-23-Classic-Cover-Original-Owner-Pre-Code-Horror-1954-CGC-5-5/362660393621?hash=item54703e7295:g:ApsAAOSwhtlc5z0J

Edited by davet75

1 hour ago, Sauce Dog said:

Nice - I didn't hear about that raw copy, good to hear its getting the attention it deserves as I have a cgc 4.5 of this issue that looks much better than this 5.5 (I was actually surprised by the 5.5 grade here for that front cover). 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chamber-Of-Chills-23-Harvey-Pre-Code-Horror-Comic-Classic-Lee-Elias-Cover-1954/153479755806?hash=item23bc1b381e:g:lTIAAOSwzTRc0hmF

On 5/26/2019 at 9:54 PM, davet75 said:

Cool thread on ToT annuals.  It got me looking around out of curiosity and look what I found on the Bay!  The bid is at $3700 with 7 days to go.  Will be interesting to see where it ends.  Any guesses?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Terror-Annual-1-RARE-Pre-Code-EC-Horror-Giant-Comic-1951-CGC-2-5/143265382711?hash=item215b484137:g:6pkAAOSwAWJc5z1U&frcectupt=true

Also very cool that the seller was the submitter or at least had pics of all 4 issues in the annual.

6,900!

On 5/28/2019 at 10:14 PM, Ghastly542454 said:

I’m very pleased 😄 to announce that I am the proud and overjoyed new owner of the Tales Of Terror Annual #1 6.0. The book is currently on it’s way back to CGC to be put into a new holder.

1C70C1BA-32C8-4358-862D-777A76EDD9F7.jpeg

C11EFFB6-4881-47E3-A848-37416A68FC71.jpeg

I wish I could like this twice! :x

20 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

If only it worked that way :)

Maybe not on a lot of books, and not that I have any intention of selling it, but I feel pretty confident in a Heritage auction, it would go for the amount I stated.

Let’s see what happens the next time when and if one comes up for sale.:popcorn:

22 minutes ago, Ghastly542454 said:

Maybe not on a lot of books, and not that I have any intention of selling it, but I feel pretty confident in a Heritage auction, it would go for the amount I stated.

Let’s see what happens the next time when and if one comes up for sale.:popcorn:

Maybe. Several folks, including me, passed on the book before you bought it , but anything is possible!

I wonder what a nice mid grade issue with three first issues and one second issue would go for...hm

I guess it might not matter since all most people get to see or care about is the cover. And, I will probably never know because my kids will be sending to auction after I’m pushing up daises...