• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of Terror Annual 1
1 1

157 posts in this topic

You've got a lot of sci-fi in there! Not a bad thing.

The content of your Two-Fisted annuals EXACTLY matches mine. Makes me guess that most will. 

Anyway congratulations on that beautiful, impressive set! They look magnificent all together like that!

On 3/1/2020 at 6:05 AM, Ghastly542454 said:

I just got my Tales Of Terror Annual #1 back from CGC with the contents on the label. I was somewhat disappointed by the contents.

74660B7F-D7A5-4745-B978-EFAD828D152C.jpeg

One #1, one #2 and two #3s - not bad but not as good as Robotman's.

On 3/1/2020 at 4:05 AM, Ghastly542454 said:

I just got my Tales Of Terror Annual #1 back from CGC with the contents on the label. I was somewhat disappointed by the contents.

74660B7F-D7A5-4745-B978-EFAD828D152C.jpeg

David, that is a fantastic book and the group shot is magnificent. You should be VERY proud... :golfclap:

8 minutes ago, Ghastly542454 said:

@Moondog So Robotman’s is better than my TOT#1? You must be blind!🥺

F02DFAF7-C60F-4581-B33F-183AC51B3652.jpeg

56ED8965-1908-410B-B0DE-DE0DD0A9BE70.jpeg

First off, that isn’t my copy not that I wouldn’t be proud to own it. Moondog knows the contents of my copy because I bought it from him. I have stated what mine contains. I’m sorry mine isn’t encased in a plastic holder. If you want to pay for it, I might consider sending it in...

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

First off, that isn’t my copy not that I wouldn’t be proud to own it. Moondog knows the contents of my copy because I bought it from him. I have stated what mine contains. I’m sorry mine isn’t encased in a plastic holder. If you want to pay for it, I might consider sending it in...

You guys are talking past each other - Moondog wasn’t be rude, he was just pointing out that Robot Man’s annual contains all #1 issues, considered more desirable and much rarer than David’s listed content.

I think David misunderstood Gary’s comment, his copy is clearly superior grade-wise to Robot Man’s copy.

Which copy is preferable is up to each individual collector.

14 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

@Robot Man I’m sorry because it’s not too often that someone starts saying that someone’s copy is better than your copy. I just saw your name at the top and you were actually quoting someone else’s photo. I looked at yours and it could very well be better than mine. But to be fair it would have to be graded unless the difference was very clear.

5 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

You guys are talking past each other - Moondog wasn’t be rude, he was just pointing out that Robot Man’s annual contains all #1 issues, considered more desirable and much rarer than David’s listed content.

I think David misunderstood Gary’s comment, his copy is clearly superior grade-wise to Robot Man’s copy.

Which copy is preferable is up to each individual collector.

For sure @Robot Man has better contents.

5 minutes ago, Ghastly542454 said:

@Robot Man I’m sorry because it’s not too often that someone starts saying that someone’s copy is better than your copy. I just saw your name at the top and you were actually quoting someone else’s photo. I looked at yours and it could very well be better than mine. But to be fair it would have to be graded unless the difference was very clear.

I was quoting the post you made to Moondog. NOT my copy. Yeah mine has better contents than yours so what? I’m not strutting around about it. I didn’t bring it up. As far as the grade, I think we are tied. As far as grading it goes, I have no plan to do so in the immediate future. So you can just wonder. Who cares?

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I was quoting the post you made to Moondog. NOT my copy. Yeah mine has better contents than yours so what? I’m not strutting around about it. I didn’t bring it up. As far as the grade, I think we are tied. As far as grading it goes, I have no plan to do so in the immediate future. So you can just wonder. Who cares?

I wouldn’t have brought up anything had Moondog not started this!!! I don’t care if you ever have your book graded either. That would be your decision to make.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:57 PM, Ghastly542454 said:

I wouldn’t have brought up anything had Moondog not started this!!! I don’t care if you ever have your book graded either. That would be your decision to make.

Here's the goofy part to all this, my comment said your copy was pretty good!  I love it!  The contents aren't as "good" as Robot Man's in that his has three #1's and one #2.  As has been stated, I know that because I owned it.  Back in the day (mid-70s through the late 80s) hard core EC collectors ranked annuals by content, not just cover grade.  That's why I kept "upgrading" my copy over the years (I had 4 different).  I always wanted four #1's but could never find one (if one exists).  No criticism for your book!  :foryou: