• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Production Error or Detached???

6 posts in this topic

Quick question for you guys and gals...

Is this a production Error? The staples never seemed to fully come through the centerfold...or does it not matter and it's a Detached?

Going to grading anyway but would rather be prepared for the worse...thoughts?

Screenshot_20190320-115059.png

14 hours ago, LouBUB81 said:

Anyone with any thoughts?

I would heed Lions Den's advice. Only one staple tine penetrated and properly closed atop the centerfold. Enough to hold all the parts together adequately, as it appears. The other staple tine penetrated just 1 page shy of the centerfold but does look like it closed around and is holding the second leaf in from the centerfold. I don't think CGC would note anything on the label if everything is held together firmly, both top and bottom. If they did, it might be the longest label notes ever, "only one tine of top staple penetrated through the centerfold", and on and on and on. The centerfold is not detached and nothing is popped through, so my feeling is no label notes. As Lion noted, I'd leave well enough alone as well.

Edited by James J Johnson