• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey CGC board members WHAT IS YOUR BEST OR FAVORITE OA you got off this site in trade or $$$$

29 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

I was shocked when I thought about your question. I have sold art thru CGC board and bought a ton of pages from CAF and comicart-l for the years. But in 8 years never bought or traded any art on CGC board.

wow really? That is surprising Brian.  I have mosty sold on the boards but also bought a few things.  Nothing comes to mind though.

Malvin

Through the board directly? Just one: Bissette/Alcala Swamp Thing panel page. Otherwise I've watched a lot of things floated here with no takers, some which I later bought on eBay for 1/2 to 2/3 ask. Board asks tend to be optimistic ;)

2 hours ago, vodou said:

Through the board directly? Just one: Bissette/Alcala Swamp Thing panel page. Otherwise I've watched a lot of things floated here with no takers, some which I later bought on eBay for 1/2 to 2/3 ask. Board asks tend to be optimistic ;)

Yes, it's a tough crowd. 

I think I got a couple Commissioner Gordon back-up story pages from a boardie a while ago, and I sold one on ebay to recoup some payout.  Then I saw it relisted on ebay for a nice markup, but I never really followed it, good luck as far as I am concerned.  This board has a modest presence in the overall transaction scene, in my experience.

But, a quite deep store of experience.

I'll post my remaining Gordon page if I can find it today.  OK, found it, Jose Delbo and Joe Giella art credits on the page.  Intro panel is a nod to vodou.

Interesting topic!

I sometimes fail to even post my ebay comic art auctions here, and comicart-l is an even more remote presence in the direct transaction universe, in my opinion. 

Comic Connect, Comic Link, Hake's, RRAuction, LiveAuctioneers, Heritage, if you have consigned to a big auction house, definitely link your consignments here for more eyeballs!

Best, David S. Albright

thing126panel4flip.jpg

gordondelbo.jpg

Edited by aokartman
pics added

59 minutes ago, aokartman said:

Yes, it's a tough crowd. 

I sometimes fail to even post my ebay comic art auctions here, and comicart-l is an even more remote presence in the direct transaction universe, in my opinion. 

Comic Connect, Comic Link, Hake's, RRAuction, LiveAuctioneers, Heritage, if you have consigned to a big auction house, definitely link your consignments here for more eyeballs!

Yes that's my experience as well. The auctions houses, the obvious dealers (and with comicarttracker.com now even the un-obvious!), and making personal connections via ComicArtFans.com is where it's at. Nobody is scouring CBG classifieds anymore either (most especially since -as of six years ago this month- it's not being published!)

18 minutes ago, vodou said:

Yes that's my experience as well. The auctions houses, the obvious dealers (and with comicarttracker.com now even the un-obvious!), and making personal connections via ComicArtFans.com is where it's at. Nobody is scouring CBG classifieds anymore either (most especially since -as of six years ago this month- it's not being published!)

CBG was tough for me being at the end of the distribution chain in Vermont near the Canadian border.  The only luck I had was with Mike Richardson, I bought a Silver Age Flash title page and a nice SuperFriends title page from him (long gone).  David

15 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I was shocked when I thought about your question. I have sold art thru CGC board and bought a ton of pages from CAF and comicart-l for the years. But in 8 years never bought or traded any art on CGC board.

I also have never bought any art here that I can recall. I've sold a few things but never purchased!

1 hour ago, vodou said:

I bought one of my first pieces ever out of the back of the CBG. long gone, twas a Sandman page that i got for $125 while in college. I still remember the panic when I got notification in the mail that I got it and had no idea where to get the funds.

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Problem being on the west coast alot of art for sale in the CBG had already sold. 

2 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

I count myself lucky having acquired 20+ pieces from fellow CGC boardies including 7 directly from CGC sale threads ("Marketplace").  I've learned to pull the trigger quickly on wheelhouse pieces that are fairly priced.  Below are two of my favorite CGG-sourced pieces-- one by cash purchase and one by trade (with special thanks :foryou: to boardies Chris C and Bronty respectively).

Dino

Link: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1106064

sHxUTqtO_1003141716151.jpg

Link: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1103758

LgBtNTB2_0903141439481.jpg

Was the second one from Bronty or Brauny?  I had the second one and was one of the few CGC purchases that I remember.  I sold it to Brauny.  He could have eventually sold it to Bronty too :)

Malvin

Edited by malvin