• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics I never knew existed....
1 1

80 posts in this topic

Just now, catman76 said:

There's Captain Planet comics, I am sure they delt with global warming somewhere in those.

Thank god!!!!

22 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

My Dad's Aunt was a nun...  

I suspect this was a nunnery promo or incentive...  I dunno... (Meanwhile on Long Island - YAY more paperwork)

FBOTU.jpg

This actually makes me curious enough to look for one and see how it compares to the film Brother Sun, Sister Moon.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:40 AM, Buzzetta said:

My Dad's Aunt was a nun...  

I suspect this was a nunnery promo or incentive...  I dunno... (Meanwhile on Long Island - YAY more paperwork)

FBOTU.jpg

At the opposite and extreme: Tales From The Leather Nun.  The cover is too racy for the Boards.

FEAT_LN_1_e276294750.jpg

Edited by namisgr

On 3/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I just thought the name was funny. Sort of like donkey punch haha.

It's a common, but dated term.  A cowpuncher was just another name for a cowboy in the 1800s... though perhaps used as more of an insult.  "No, daughter... I won't let you marry that no-account stone-broke cow-puncher!"  "Punching" cows was another term for "herding" them.

Edited by Bookery
new material

59 minutes ago, Bookery said:

It's a common, but dated term.  A cowpuncher was just another name for a cowboy in the 1800s

Ah, I see.

Partly because I'm British, and also because I'm very literal, I didn't get that.

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

:news:    The new operative word is "climate change". This way you can blame any weather you want on it, hot or cold, windy, wet, or dry.. :screwy:.

Liefeld could draw it I guess!