• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Immortal Hulk 12 - Printing Error Inside

5 posts in this topic

Last Immortal Hulk question - I was reading this issue, got to the last page, and saw what looked like a piece torn out - like a Smurf took a bite out of the page!  Then I realized the "bite" was in fact, two pieces that had split and been folded inward.  I unfolded them, and the paper extended past the rest of the book, like a cutting/ cropping error during printing.  Any thoughts on how this might affect the grade?

I'll show the front and back of the page in question...HPIM5589a.thumb.JPG.17caeedb4a7927411b8d44564bc204ac.JPG

HPIM5589d.thumb.JPG.e6cd90d74ec34062de17e36c058df587.JPGHPIM5586.thumb.JPG.336c2f8bc1ba7640a1fc8911b366a727.JPGHPIM5591.thumb.JPG.f9dfa9fb53989b25ced57a5cb0e742c8.JPG

50 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

Leave the pieces attached and put them back in place. There will be no deduction for this. I've had books with quarter sized pieces like that on the edge of an interior page receive 9.8. 

No kidding?  Wow... thanks.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, because it's a great-looking book otherwise.  When you got those grades, did CGC mention it or say how that sort of thing happens?  Just curious.