• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Crime Does Not Pay #43!
1 1

14 posts in this topic

The partially detached cover will be the most significant defect here.  staple tears, small tears on back cover, creases on back cover, partial color-breaking spine creases, bend on front cover, small corner crunch upper left corner, paper loss left bottom corner, other corner wear, soiling on front cover along right edge and on the back cover.  strong colors, lays flat.  great violent mob "rat" death cover!

4.0 with a decent shot at 4.5 (perhaps gets a GA bump?)

Front cover presents like a 6.0 but the partially detached cover and paper loss in the bottom left corner will knock it down.  I have an FF48 CGC 4.5 that presents like a 6.0 but has a popped bottom staple.

Update:  just checked some comparable GA books and found this CGC 4.5 with a completely detached cover but overall better condition and without as much paper loss in the bottom corner as your Crime book (see link below).  So, updated grade:

CGC 4.5

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2018feb%23Item_1229931&id=1229931&itemType=0#detail

Edited by davet75

I was thinking 4.5 as well. This is great! When do we ever all agree on something? :DEveryone should pop in here and give this book a 4.5. It's like family therapy.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, Tsp99 said:

What a cool book.  24 and 33 get a lot of the love but 43 is right up there.

Thanks Tyler! I’m partial to #36 as well. Another nasty and underrated cover.