• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarest or most wanted Blank Covers?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nino_013 said:

Any unused Hero Initiative blanks generally fetch a lot of coin in the black market. Not sure if cgc actually grades them if theyre not part of the initial 100.

CGC will not grade Hero Initaitive blanks for anyone other than The Hero Initiative from what I've read in the past.

Some artist didn't use the blanks and they got out into the wild.  They used to go for good money.  I had an opportunity to buy some, but passed because of CGC's policy.  I would imagine quite a few people have passed on them because of that policy.  Once CGC put it into place, the blanks aren't as desirable for anyone who likes their sketches graded. 

I'm sure there is a company in Oregon that would graded them.  They seem to not be as strict with policies or grading for that matter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ONLY-20-in-existence-The-Walking-Dead-100-PGX-9-8-Hero-Initiative-BLANK-COVER/283425001321?hash=item41fd724f69:g:C7wAAOSw4DJYj7cy

Edited by Catwomancomics

I’ve seen a few painted and they look great. These Euro blanks have a glossy finished that needs to be rubbed off in order to sketch on them.  That’s what artist did back when Secret Invasion first came out. The originals had an all gloss finish.  Marvel printed more and shops got the same amount without the gloss as originally ordered.