• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great new Mannion splash page

4 posts in this topic

I would say Steve has gone all schizo.  His current Kickstarter comic looks like it will have separate stories that are 1) pencil only, 2) painted and 3) pen / ink with computer color.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stevenmannion/fearless-dawn-shorts-1-comic-by-steve-mannion?ref=user_menu

I'm pretty deep in Steve's art so I have to be picky now.

9 hours ago, Will_K said:

I would say Steve has gone all schizo.  His current Kickstarter comic looks like it will have separate stories that are 1) pencil only, 2) painted and 3) pen / ink with computer color.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stevenmannion/fearless-dawn-shorts-1-comic-by-steve-mannion?ref=user_menu

I'm pretty deep in Steve's art so I have to be picky now.

I like Steve's art, have since he did that freaky issue of Captain America: SOL with Marilyn Monroe...but he also hasn't moved the needle much since. His choice, of course. My guess would be the books don't sell that well so -moving in the opposite direction of the very busy freelance all-digital youngsters- he knows that his physical art is worth quite a bit, maybe even more than the actual publications (a page out of the Mike Hoffman book?), so this is not surprising. Who cares though? I don't. You like the art, or the comics, and have the money to spend...go for one, the other, both. There's certainly nothing wrong with his business model, as long as he's at peace with the 'being an artist' end of it while not, imo, moving forward artistically. I got a bunch of his stuff early on but nothing since...phew, 2006 or 07 maybe?