• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2, Feb 28, 29, March 1, 2020, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
1 1

105 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SSkufan said:

Radiolab

- Lots of interesting topics - sometimes hit and miss.

Ive herd good things about that one. I listen to Joe Rogan (I've listed to all 1418 episodes!!), The Fighter and the Kid, Bill Burr, Your moms house ( with Tom Segura my favorite comedian), 2 bears 1 cave and Ben Shapiro...I drive all day so I have a lot of time  

1 hour ago, Santos208 said:

signatures and on site grading. I heard they are doing on site.

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/

Yes they do private signings and onsite grading at C2E2.  Beware of cutoffs on Friday and Saturday for onsite grading except drop offs.

When they intend to not accept any submissions for onsite grading within a hour after it opens. It will be same thing for Saturday HOWEVER it can happen within 30 minutes.  I doubt they will accept any submissions on Sunday.

Why cutoff?  First 20-25 people show up at the booth and there are 30-150 books per customers that have caused the cutoff early.  They have to grade about 6000+ comic books in two long days.  If the time is running out, all remaining ungraded books will be brought to CGC but you will get them within two weeks after the show.  It happened to me twice.

I have seen it since 2013 and I missed the cutoffs twice.  Kind of frustration for me.

34 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/

Yes they do private signings and onsite grading at C2E2.  Beware of cutoffs on Friday and Saturday for onsite grading except drop offs.

When they intend to not accept any submissions for onsite grading within a hour after it opens. It will be same thing for Saturday HOWEVER it can happen within 30 minutes.  I doubt they will accept any submissions on Sunday.

Why cutoff?  First 20-25 people show up at the booth and there are 30-150 books per customers that have caused the cutoff early.  They have to grade about 6000+ comic books in two long days.  If the time is running out, all remaining ungraded books will be brought to CGC but you will get them within two weeks after the show.  It happened to me twice.

I have seen it since 2013 and I missed the cutoffs twice.  Kind of frustration for me.

I’ve never missed cut off. I normally have all my books signed or sketched at no later than 1 o’clock on Saturday. And I’ve had no problems with it.

5 hours ago, lhcomics said:

I actually will be attending Sat only. Bringing some family with me to the show and spending a few days downtown Chicago. Maybe we'll run into each other. 

Who is going to be running your booth the rest of the time :baiting: All kidding aside hopefully we do.

I’m on the verge of tears because I will not be making the show this year :frown: 

Ive gone the past 3 years so skipping this year is tough. Too much going on to make it. I love my trip to Chicago from Des Moines once a year...just not in the cards this year. Sucks to miss On site subs. Don’t want to hassle anyone with facilitating. Hoping to make Planet Comic Con at the end of March. 

6 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I’m on the verge of tears because I will not be making the show this year :frown: 

Ive gone the past 3 years so skipping this year is tough. Too much going on to make it. I love my trip to Chicago from Des Moines once a year...just not in the cards this year. Sucks to miss On site subs. Don’t want to hassle anyone with facilitating. Hoping to make Planet Comic Con at the end of March. 

I feel ya here. I've gone for the last 3 years, and have to miss this year since I'm tightening up on money since I started up grad school. :/
Hope to go back in 2021 though - love visiting that city.

2 minutes ago, austinhg said:

I feel ya here. I've gone for the last 3 years, and have to miss this year since I'm tightening up on money since I started up grad school. :/
Hope to go back in 2021 though - love visiting that city.

I just keep telling myself a year goes by fast and I’ll make the next one... 

Kinda hoping they push it back out to March next year.