• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2, Feb 28, 29, March 1, 2020, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
1 1

105 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, AustinReece_GRRC said:

Hard to believe this one is only 3 weeks out. @alexgreece and I will be there with a ton of new material from the past few months including a refreshed raw selection of more than 1000 new books from collections we purchased in the last year. As always, hope to see some of you there.

C2E2.jpg

Time to bring Double Corona Jim out of hiding!!!

On 1/31/2020 at 12:20 PM, JollyComics said:

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/events/

Yes they do private signings and onsite grading at C2E2.  Beware of cutoffs on Friday and Saturday for onsite grading except drop offs.

When they intend to not accept any submissions for onsite grading within a hour after it opens. It will be same thing for Saturday HOWEVER it can happen within 30 minutes.  I doubt they will accept any submissions on Sunday.

Why cutoff?  First 20-25 people show up at the booth and there are 30-150 books per customers that have caused the cutoff early.  They have to grade about 6000+ comic books in two long days.  If the time is running out, all remaining ungraded books will be brought to CGC but you will get them within two weeks after the show.  It happened to me twice.

I have seen it since 2013 and I missed the cutoffs twice.  Kind of frustration for me.

So I was thinking of dropping two books for onsite grading, a Hulk 181 and ASM 129, but also want to make sure I get on Michael Cho's commission list.   Any advice on what those cut off times are on Friday about?

Any other advice would be appreciated, as I have never done onsite before.

9 hours ago, SSkufan said:

So I was thinking of dropping two books for onsite grading, a Hulk 181 and ASM 129, but also want to make sure I get on Michael Cho's commission list.   Any advice on what those cut off times are on Friday about?

Any other advice would be appreciated, as I have never done onsite before.

Be there at 10am sharp because of the security, you will end up at a long line that will eat up the amount of time up before the cutoff time.  If I were you, I will be there between 9 to 930am to beat the long line.   Last time, I was there on Friday and there was about 300 people before me. The worst days are Saturday and Sunday - it gets crowded.  At your left, the security checking area then sale booths (if you have a badge, you may skip the booth) then go straight to the show which is on other side.  They will check all bags and backpacks.

I suggested you to call CGC how to beat a long line for doing the paperwork for onsite grading.  I used to have signature series/witness things but I haven't done them since 2012 at the shows. I am not sure how much CGC has changed their plans.

3 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Be there at 10am sharp because of the security, you will end up at a long line that will eat up the amount of time up before the cutoff time.  If I were you, I will be there between 9 to 930am to beat the long line.   Last time, I was there on Friday and there was about 300 people before me. The worst days are Saturday and Sunday - it gets crowded.  At your left, the security checking area then sale booths (if you have a badge, you may skip the booth) then go straight to the show which is on other side.  They will check all bags and backpacks.

I suggested you to call CGC how to beat a long line for doing the paperwork for onsite grading.  I used to have signature series/witness things but I haven't done them since 2012 at the shows. I am not sure how much CGC has changed their plans.

I am going to try and see how this goes.  I have been every year the past four years so I know where to run!!!

3 hours ago, SSkufan said:

I am going to try and see how this goes.  I have been every year the past four years so I know where to run!!!

Every year, it gets bigger since 2010 - I finally missed it last year. Little hassle and pricey but it's still better than Wizard World Chicago.

On 2/4/2020 at 3:01 PM, brianlake7 said:

Has anyone seen who is in the private signing and pricing? I assume Jim Lee and Chris Claremont - who usually are in this, but I wasn't sure if anyone else was in or the pricing.

Im not sure if this is what you meant...............But Joe Quesada will be doing a private signing at C2E2.  Since he was a last minute addition (He's only doing a panel on Saturday) I have arranged a private signing with him right after the panel.  If you are interested.  Please contact your usual facilitator. ****** If you have 10 items or more, feel free to PM me here or through my website and we will something out.  Again, sorry for the last minute notice.  I just found out recently myself.

See you guys in Chicago !

K

Sorry if this should be posted somewhere else.  This c2e2 is my first time attending a con.  I want to get a few different things signed and graded.  How hard is it to get a witness and do most artist sign at their both or are there scheduled times only, that are announced?  Thanks in advance

Edited by Og King k00pa
Clarify its for c2e2

17 hours ago, Og King k00pa said:

Sorry if this should be posted somewhere else.  This c2e2 is my first time attending a con.  I want to get a few different things signed and graded.  How hard is it to get a witness and do most artist sign at their both or are there scheduled times only, that are announced?  Thanks in advance

Its not hard! Most artist sign at their table, check the C2E2 site or app (i highly recommend the app) to find where they are. Then You can get a witness at the cgc booth. Then you walk to the artist and get it signed, then go back to the cgc booth with the witness and fill out your paperwork, pay, pick up the next day.
 Also dont forgot to have fun!

17 hours ago, Og King k00pa said:

Also this is some things to keep in mind for your first con...and it depends on how many days.

1. there is a lot to take in so download the free C2E2 app. In that app you can make a list of people you want to see and where they are. Same thing with panel times which the app will send notifications an hour before time.

2. I don't buy the first thing I see!!!! I take a card and mark what aisle its in and come back later ( unless its limited or its a great deal). remember you don't want to spend all your money on the first day.

3. If you buy comics from dealers/artist its good to have a comic portfolio box (or 2 or 5 like me) which you can by at any LCS or from @HOTFLIPS at the show ( i recommend @HOTFLIPS ive bought from them while at the show and they beat the other dealers there).

4.bring a backpack with snacks and a refillable bottle!!!!! it also carries your comic boxes from @HOTFLIPS Also this is a PRO TIP... if you buy lunch in the cafe and by a fountain soda refills are free ALL DAY!

5.Grab a free program if you don't use the app. it has all the info you need. 

6. Get there early! show starts at 10 so be there at 9...the line sucks especially on Saturday ( boooooooooooo on Saturday to many people, friday is the BEST DAY HANDS DOWN!!!!)

7.Have fun walk down very asile look at all the dorks people in cosplay.

8. stop by and see your cgc friends @MrBedrock  @Dale Roberts @jadams @HOTFLIPS and say Hi! ( is this an ad for Hotflips?) SORRY IF I MISSED ANYONE!! these are the only people i know form the boards and they don't know me which is fine!

9.Pay attention to the weather the week of the show. Chicago can have great weather or bad weather this time of year. also coat check is very reasonable!

If Ive missed something anyone can chime in or you can PM me and we can talk to and or meet up at the show.

Hi, and thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately Bedrock City will not be setting up at C2E2 this year. I am a warm weather boy, and the idea of driving to Chicago in February (even with global warming) scares the heck out of me.

12 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Hi, and thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately Bedrock City will not be setting up at C2E2 this year. I am a warm weather boy, and the idea of driving to Chicago in February (even with global warming) scares the heck out of me.

Noooooooooo that sucks!!! You will be missed!!

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Bang!!  Off Speed pitch!!