• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Brave and the Bold #200 Cover - Aparo

13 posts in this topic

Once again i am sure a member put this up once upon a time but i cant find it anywhere. Again if anyone knows who the owner is or of its whereabouts please LMK. Also would anyone like to hazard a guess as to a ballpark figure of what this likely to cost.  

That really has shocked me as i was thinking $15K tops and then i got a pm telling me that the cover to Brave & Bold #199 sold for $15.5K. However i am not going to question anyone who has been following an artist for 25 years as obviously you will be more of an expert on Aparo than me. I only wanted this cover because its the first comic that i actually bought but dont think its particularly a great cover so why do you think this would sell for $10K more than the B&B #199 cover. I am interested in your opinion about this and Aparo art in general.     

49 minutes ago, wurstisart said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread, if anyone has a Batman cover from this period and artist, please PM me.

Actively looking.

No problem but im afraid you will have to get in the queue as i know many others who are looking for Aparo/Batman covers from this period as well.   :grin:

5 hours ago, Justin Case said:

That really has shocked me as i was thinking $15K tops and then i got a pm telling me that the cover to Brave & Bold #199 sold for $15.5K. However i am not going to question anyone who has been following an artist for 25 years as obviously you will be more of an expert on Aparo than me. I only wanted this cover because its the first comic that i actually bought but dont think its particularly a great cover so why do you think this would sell for $10K more than the B&B #199 cover. I am interested in your opinion about this and Aparo art in general.     

I could see a few points why this book and cover in particular is superior and reach a higher price that # 199...

* Final Issue
* Anniversary / Landmark Issue # 200
* 1st Batman & the Outsiders
* 1st Appearance of Katana, 1st appearance of Geo-Force, and 1st appearance of Halo
* 2 Batman on Cover / Golden age and Modern
* The second appearance of Batmobile  (the other one # 182) and the only Batsignal on the whole series.
The Batsignal used in a very clever way.
* The appearance of Robin ( Grayson) fighting alongside with Batman,
Only this image will bring nostalgia to collectors
the only other time a robin / aparo cover appearance was number 149 and not as a partner.

Edited by MagnusX

14 hours ago, MagnusX said:

I could see a few points why this book and cover in particular is superior and reach a higher price that # 199...

* Final Issue
* Anniversary / Landmark Issue # 200
* 1st Batman & the Outsiders
* 1st Appearance of Katana, 1st appearance of Geo-Force, and 1st appearance of Halo
* 2 Batman on Cover / Golden age and Modern
* The second appearance of Batmobile  (the other one # 182) and the only Batsignal on the whole series.
The Batsignal used in a very clever way.
* The appearance of Robin ( Grayson) fighting alongside with Batman,
Only this image will bring nostalgia to collectors
the only other time a robin / aparo cover appearance was number 149 and not as a partner.

Well you certainly make a good case for why this cover should command more money. Just out of interest do you actually own this cover?

5 minutes ago, Justin Case said:

Well you certainly make a good case for why this cover should command more money. Just out of interest do you actually own this cover?

I wish,
I don't play on that league...

To be fair the seller does actually say 'production art' in their listing rather than original art so cant actually see anything wrong in the listing. By the way how come the link still works for something that was sold about a year ago.