• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil 1: grade before and after press and clean?

17 posts in this topic

cleaning won't get rid of those water stains though it could use it for general dirt.  A press is not a bad idea at all.

I would guess the best you could do-- as that is extensive water damage/staining is around a 4.5. There are other issues but the staining brings the book down pretty hard and covers any slight damage to the cover. It is a nice book and people will want it.

Question-- does it have a musty odor? Are the staples rusting?

The pressing made the book a lot better visually, but the bottom pretty large stain that seems to have stained the entire section of the book will grade it down. CGC does not take too kindly with stains. I'm guessing 5.0 at best.

21 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

The pressing made the book a lot better visually, but the bottom pretty large stain that seems to have stained the entire section of the book will grade it down. CGC does not take too kindly with stains. I'm guessing 5.0 at best.

5.0 I am still ahead. 4.5 I am breaking even. Fingers crossed I guess.

Yep fingers crossed for you too. Not sure if you saw the AF 15 book in this same category graded a cgc 4.0 due to the staining at the bottom of the book, but everything else about it looks higher grade. Looks similar to your copy.

37 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Yep fingers crossed for you too. Not sure if you saw the AF 15 book in this same category graded a cgc 4.0 due to the staining at the bottom of the book, but everything else about it looks higher grade. Looks similar to your copy.

No I didn't see that. I should try and spend more time around here. Hard to find the time.