• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FINAL PRICE CUTS! CLOSING TODAY! Clearance in Three Acts
3 3

286 posts in this topic

:rulez:

First straight :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment is check or money order (I do not have paypal)

Don't be listy (tsk) which includes the little one in my head. 

Shipping: U.S. Priority, generally between $7.65 and $14.35 depending on stack size. I can do one or two books first class for $5. Flip n ship mailers used. Canada ships at actual.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me on your dime, in the same shape.

Edited by Readcomix

A word about this thread before we begin -- it will run for a while, as long as it takes. That's why there's three phases (maybe 100 books total), for those only interested in a particular sub-section. Here's the roll-out schedule:

Act One: Classic Comics/Classics Illustrated -- this will be the final cuts from the CI collection I bought last fall. There will be about 30 low issue #'s and/or low HRN's, many quite presentable copies. I am now down to my keepers from this acquisition; these were the final "on the fence" picks for me.

Act Two: The middle section will be a mini "You Might Find It," made up of Golden age that got missed in my last You Might Find It, plus a few newly offered bronze and silver books of note/minor keys, and a couple new surprises. 

Pact Three: The final third will be coverless Golden Age readers, mostly 40's DC and Fawcett, and a couple Jumbo and Fight. There's a few other 50's oddballs too; I might add in a couple incomplete books with covers here as well.

So overall, it's mostly affordable Golden Age offerings of one sort or another from end to end, but the middle will have a few nuggets for Silver and Bronze collectors too.

As we begin the Classics, the first three offerings (early HRN #1's) are lower grade. The majority of the other CI offers will be much nicer copies.

Tonight between 9-11 pm EST I will offer up 22 more Classics to conclude Act One.

We will open with an original edition of #14 (Westward Ho!), the final issue to have a next issue ad on the back cover. The book is sought for its coming next ad, which is for Uncle Tom's Cabin, with its overt racist caricatures. It's only available because this collection had two, and this is my undercopy by a coin flip.

In searching comps, I see a March 9 eBay auction that closed just under $225 for a copy that appears to be (from the two eBay pictures) in the same general grade range but does not present as nicely as the copy I will offer. It will be priced attractively as compared to that auction's closing price. 

There will be other original editions and SOTI issues of this title as well tonight.