• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FINAL PRICE CUTS! CLOSING TODAY! Clearance in Three Acts
3 3

286 posts in this topic

:news: Here's a half-@ssed recap!

P1&2 - nada

P3 - Prize Comics Frankenstein #13 - $80

Hap Hazard 8 - $10

Police 125 - $40

Showcase 59 - $20

Candy 4&12 - $20

Nancy and Sluggo 16 (#1) - $20

Smilin Jack 2 - $10

All-Humor 11- $10

Humphrey #2 - $10

P5 - Fritzi Ritz 31 - $20

Secrets magazine Oct 1938 - $30

Doom Patrol 86 - $60

P6- HTD #1 - $20

Weird War 93,102,131 - $30 (1st Creature Commandos)

Crime on the Waterfront 4 - $40

P7 - CDNP 104 -$10

Another HTD 1 - $20

Racket Squad in Action 15 - $10

Mopsy 1 incomplete - $40

Harvey Collectors Comics 1 - $5

P8 - HeHaw magazine 1 -$5

Gunhawk 12 (#1) - $15

Midnight Mystery 7 - -$10

Archie 104 -$10

Archie 131 -$10

P9 - coverless books

Courage 2 -$15

Worlds Finest 5 incomplete $25

CMA 10-$15

CMA 30 - $10

Capt Midnight 40-$10

P10 - more coverless, take,a,peek

P11 - more coverless, plus...

Subby 34&35 Defenders prelude -$40

Tales of the Teen Titans 1-4 -$20

Lot of four first edition Holt, Rinehart Peanuts books - $35

Blitzkreig 1 -$10

P12- German ASM's 8,12,15,16,17,19 - $20 each or lot for $100

The finale is tonight, closing sometime tomorrow.

Edited by Readcomix

Okay, these are kinda cool...

A full run of Picture Stories from the Bible Old Testament edition -- #'s 1-4 plus a Complete Old Testament Edition, first printing as indicated by the 50-cent cover price. All are in various states of VG, though the #2 (of all books -- a Gerber no-show) I suspect is trimmed at side and bottom, and it has added staples. That said, it's flat and clean and presents well. If this really bothers someone who wants the run, I have a much lower grade untouched copy of #2 and we can take a look at that as a substitute. It's a really tough book, and I am in an unusual situation to own two of them.

Oops...#3 not VG with that chunk out of last pages-- I forgot until I reviewed the pix! Let's take $10 off.

Take the set for (WAS $100.) (WAS $90) NOW $75

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

A word about these Picture Stories books .... They came from the same estate collection as the various Classics I had picked up last Fall. The guy was an avid collector of religious-themed comics in addition to trying to assemble every HRN of every issue of Classics -- 16 long boxes' worth, almost all Classics and religious books, with maybe a box and a half of a few oddballs plus some SA Superman and a Star Wars run. (Yes, I have asked myself many times why he couldn't have doggedly pursued Timelys and Cheslers like this doh!)

Anyway, because they came from the same collection, I did not sub out the trimmed #2 for my other copy. This collection was built as a labor of love (based on discussions from his son, from whom I bought it) and I have tried to share it in ways that will keep chunks of it together, much as I could.

Edited by Readcomix

The Heap #1 FVF (Skywald 1971) Cool Bob Kanigher/Tom Sutton relaunch of this Golden Age Hillman character. Giant-size book also includes four GA reprints, two each from Strange Journey #1 and Lost Worlds #8, including one by Everett Raymond Kinstler. Plus, the most awesome date stamp ever -- look on the scythe on the cover. (WAS $20) NOW $15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

HOT BOOK! AVENGERS MOVIE! KEY! BRIE LARSON!

Sorry, eBay moment there.... :sorry:

Anyway, here's a freebie to go with the the first Picture Stories purchase...Picture Stories from American History #3 with front cover restapled and back cover detached. Cool metallic ink on the price circle.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay, that's everything, its all up. Sorry it took so long, but as I noted at the outset it would meander. I will aim to close it up tomorrow sometime so we can get books to their new homes, as takers have been waiting patiently (thank you).

That said, its closing soon and it IS labeled a clearance, so take your takes, PM your PM's; I'm easy to work with. Plenty left, many already discounted, and some freebies left in there as well.

Thanks to all takers and lookers! (thumbsu

:news:  CLAIMED!

East L.A. Chop Shop Special!

Golden Age coverless, incomplete lot FREE TO ANYONE, just pay postage! (If you've already bought, just cover the postage difference, if any.)

Includes: Captain Marvel Adventures #13, Master Comics #95, an issue of Women Outlaws, a Disney with Mickey Mouse, Whiz Comics #59, an early Heroic with a Flyin' Jenny story, and a mid-run Jumbo Comics with Sky Girl and Patsy Pin-up.

Just Claim and cover postage.

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix