• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA has the best search function
3 3

12 posts in this topic

I just can't sort through all the non-GA books to find a GA book on clink and comic connect.  Can't do it.  HA search rocks, mycomicshop pretty good, feeBay okay too.

Some auctions seem to have better GA functionality on clink than others, but by page 22 of 105 this morning on clink I surrender.  May the hard working GA bidder reap the rewards.

I consigned a handful of books to HA, ComicLink and ComicConnect in the fall of last year that ran in their various November/December auctions.

After noting that a few of my HA books underperformed, this is what I wrote to a boardie in November comparing my experiences with the three sites:

On the flip side of things, my auctions at ComicConnect and ComicLink are getting started, and it's a bit shocking how few of HA's bells and whistles those sites have. No consignor notice emails, no targeted want list emails... nothing. Plus my ComicLink book is randomly set to end a week later than other books in the same run. The sites look dated and are much harder to browse easily. In the end it won't matter if they get good results, but after using HA for a few weeks it's like stepping back in time 20 years.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

HA has the best everything.

why can't CC just mannup and spend the money it takes to get to Ha's level they could easily take the lead among auction houses....clearly the best of the best on Ha's website

And then they'll charge 40% buyer's/seller's fees.

I'd be happy if CLink would have a 1 800 number, instead of me paying. My last package was sent out 2 months after the auction and I had paid. They finally said "Oh we haven't sent it out yet? Do it right away", after 2 phone calls. And 2 months.

CL and CC are pitiful.  CL forces you to put tracking bids since you cannot watch items.  I know CC is Metro and we're talking auctions but Metro is worse than CC imo.  I do wish HA allowed you to enter search multiple parameters like Ebay like price between low-high instead of just sorting.  

Agree with most of the previous posts, HA has the best search function. They also have the most reasonable shipping costs and ship right away. Connect and link have high shipping costs. Connect takes forever to ship. Of  course with HA you have to take the bidder fee into account. As a seller this has to hurt. 

I've more or less tuned out the CLink featured auctions because there's no way to filter out the non-GA material. However, I've decided to stop buying from HA due to the fact that they hired Mark Wilson. HA had been one of my main sources.

As for HA's search feature, the two things I don't like are that one can't filter by page quality and that if one wants to filter based on grade, one must use HA's pre-set groupings.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 3/26/2019 at 8:52 AM, telerites said:

Are there any auction or dealer sites that allow this?  It would be nice as I would like to exclude certain PQs.  

Comiclink has page quality listed on their advanced search page, but only a single page quality (not a range) can be selected.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to search by era or publication date on CLink's site; that shortcoming sort of negates the ability to sort by page quality. They re-did their site a few years ago; I'm not sure why they didn't include an era/age option.