• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Educational Spideys
1 1

26 posts in this topic

My brother is a science teacher and he has a few of these left over from back in the day.  It was printed in 1991 and it's vol1 no2.  Has anyone ever seen these before? I wonder how many issues there were, or whether or not they had different superheroes in other issues. It's 16 pages long, and it's basically a Spidey story designed to get kids interested in engineering.  Alex Saviuk and Chris Ivy do the art, and it's written by Dwayne McDuffie.

MVIMG_20190324_093108.jpg

MVIMG_20190324_093241.jpg

6 minutes ago, Roo_Phillip said:

Thanks Marwood!  (thumbsu  And thanks for a stellar link site too.  Cool!

It's one of the best, if not the best for Spidey completists everywhere :headbang:

3 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Yes,  that's the definitive site to use for Spider-man research.  

A lot of the pence and AUS priced ASM scans are my old copies. Peter, the site owner, is a top bloke. 

On 3/29/2019 at 4:09 AM, Spider-Variant said:

Yes, think i have emailed him a time or two.

I've got a picture somewhere of the two of us doing the Spidey thwipp stance in China Town many years back. He came over from the Netherlands and I took him around all the London Comic shops. We had a good good time rooting through the boxes and swapping Spidey stories.

I dug through my box to try a clever quip like "I see your chaos at the construction site and raise it with my Chaos in Calgary spidey", but it looks like it got thrown out in one of my purges :) It was a truly terrible book.  I did find this, a $1.50 1993 spidey book that teaches kids to say no to drugs.  I think I pulled it from a quarter box a year or two after it came out, but I feel truly sorry for any kid who paid the cover price for a book that doesnt indicate on the cover that it would be terrible. :(   Also, it has 1990 as the date over by the marvel logo, but was published in 93.  Is that odd?

15546281046502330221551156457659.jpg

Edited by waaaghboss

On 4/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, waaaghboss said:

I dug through my box to try a clever quip like "I see your chaos at the construction site and raise it with my Chaos in Calgary spidey", but it looks like it got thrown out in one of my purges :) It was a truly terrible book.  I did find this, a $1.50 1993 spidey book that teaches kids to say no to drugs.  I think I pulled it from a quarter box a year or two after it came out, but I feel truly sorry for any kid who paid the cover price for a book that doesnt indicate on the cover that it would be terrible. :(   Also, it has 1990 as the date over by the marvel logo, but was published in 93.  Is that odd?

15546281046502330221551156457659.jpg

There were lots of versions of that book as I recall - some pics from the old files of the Canadian and French Canadian versions:

894945114_ASMCanMini1-5Matt(2).thumb.jpg.b7eb554267aef11347d80da0554c373d.jpg

547778224_asmminifrmidgrade1-5(2).thumb.jpg.1e234f26dfbdfa1e84c803e9195ed270.jpg