• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Thief Caught!
2 2

81 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, jason4 said:

I’d prefer if people cannot just walk in with guns either.  Do you even watch the news ?  We live in a scary world with crazy people And there’s huge crowds in these cons. I hope to God nothing bad ever happens.  

There are signs on the convention center that no guns are allowed in. Right next to the no smoking sign, of course. lol

146250509_IMG_20190324_18105501.thumb.jpg.bb1dc9d8f2bd8074741f96c894f47428.jpg

On 3/25/2019 at 10:48 AM, Iceman399 said:

Basically there was about a half dozen dealers.  Worldwide is the reason he was caught, he texted a number of us his photo.  Jim saw him walking the floor and followed him while another member got Stephen.  His MO was to steal a whack from a vendor and bring them back to his daughter, they would then peel stickers off and sell some of the books back to other vendors.  When he was caught his backpack was stuffed with about a 3/4 of a short box, all books taken were raw (that everyone knows of).  Vendors who he took from include but by no means limited to:
Dale, WorldWide, Kristina's, and a couple others that I don't know their booth name.

What is it with Canadians catching thieves at Chicago shows? lol

I did the same with a dude a few years ago.

3 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

There are signs on the convention center that no guns are allowed in. Right next to the no smoking sign, of course. lol

146250509_IMG_20190324_18105501.thumb.jpg.bb1dc9d8f2bd8074741f96c894f47428.jpg

No smoking guns, either-

29 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Clean air?:bigsmile:

Its the cheese rollin-makes em tough.

12 hours ago, Cobbledclam said:

Yes it's great that one of the vile lowdown varmints that continue  to ruin the good times and attempts for mostly decent folk to make a living is caught. But what about the ones that get away??? Especially this guy!

He steals my heart every time I see him....so dreamy!😍😍😍🙈😁😍❤️🙈🐿💨

rough hombre!

IMG_6670.JPG

Yeah hes a dangerous hombre. 

8 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah hes a dangerous hombre. 

He's your Huckleberry.  

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:
On 3/25/2019 at 6:46 PM, Lazyboy said:
On 3/25/2019 at 4:45 PM, jason4 said:

Metal detectors

I thought the thieves were sneakily grabbing comics, not robbing dealers at gunpoint. Or maybe you meant they would catch them when they left because of the staples?

Seriously, WTF? :screwy:

Every single person entering the show (dealers and exhibitors) had to be screened through security including bag searches and metal detectors.

Yeah, some venues and/or events will do that. But what does that have to do with the thread topic?

7 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Yeah, some venues and/or events will do that. But what does that have to do with the thread topic?

Security of the show...its all related. I'm glad they caught the thief. 

14 hours ago, tv horror said:
14 hours ago, VintageComics said:

What is it with Canadians catching thieves at Chicago shows? lol

I did the same with a dude a few years ago.

Clean air?:bigsmile:

Clean air you say?  They should have a sign too that says everyone must bathe before entering the hallways!

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:02 AM, TwoPiece said:

Oh man, I just did so many air karate moves.

I wanna go down there and unload some vigilante justice on this piece of work...

So glad he got caught.

Yup.  I heard last year some a@@hole stole an AF 15 at a con.  I think the owner should be allowed three non-fatal swings at them with a baseball bat.

17 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Well if the crime took place in Chicago they'll probably let the guy go. Just ask Jussie Smollet.

Jussie's Mullet sounds like Roger Abbott 

giphy-5.gif