• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel introduces incentives to 2nd prints

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Rumor is that it was not their idea. They were talked into it by stores. I don't have any proof of that.

Knowing the way Marvel thinks, this wouldn’t surprise me.

All it would take is some soft feedback from retailers: ‘well, I’d order a bit more if there was a ratio variant...’

4 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Theres no evidence of a 1st appearance

True, unless you read the book and follow the artist on IG. But besides that, nothing.

2 hours ago, Immortal Hulk said:

I got lost, what will have a 1st appearance?

The book that the entire thread is about.

19 minutes ago, Immortal Hulk said:

Isn't issue 12 speculated as the one below all 1st appearance?

Correct. There are 2-3 more "revived" characters that may show up in one form or another.

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

A second printing of a first appearance is no longer a first appearance.   Take that you second print ratio variant chasers! :baiting:

Bingo!

9 hours ago, Second Blight said:

still lower printed than than 1st print and still a 1st appearance

?? How can it be a first appearance ..  ..  character  First appears in a comic book in the first print .... a reprint (2nd print)  implies,  nay,  tells you it's not the first appearance as it's come after the first. 

Did I say first enough ? 

Edited by MGH

Check out the second printing cover for Major X #3, third printing cover and exclusive 1 in 25 Variant cover for Major X #1.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/04/29/major-x-3-sells-out-ahead-of-publication-date/

Immortal Hulk #2 Goes back for Fifth Print and Gets a New 1:25 Variant

https://comicsheatingup.net/2019/04/30/immortal-hulk-2-goes-back-for-fifth-print-and-gets-a-new-125-variant/

Edited by ygogolak

On 3/28/2019 at 7:43 PM, MGH said:

?? How can it be a first appearance ..  ..  character  First appears in a comic book in the first print .... a reprint (2nd print)  implies,  nay,  tells you it's not the first appearance as it's come after the first. 

Did I say first enough ? 

first appearance of a character in a book/comic has no relationship to a printing/edition. TOS39 is still 1st appearance of Iron Man in comics regardless of which printing it is.

See Marvel Milestone Iron Man, it is a reprinting of the first appearance (says so on the cover). And a second print is another way of saying a reprinting.

both TOS39 and this marvel milestone are the first appearance of the character, just one is a much later reprinting.

see also asm361, it's a second printing of the first full appearance. 

il_570xN.1715016524_mo85.jpg

121357004f.jpg