• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel introduces incentives to 2nd prints

34 posts in this topic

The amount of variant covers some of these issues have is ridiculous. Moving forward I may only purchase 1st print 1st edition covers. Anything pass that just seems like a marketing ploy that I don't want to be a part of. Not to mention it also takes me out of the nostalgia of how it use to be before variants.

38 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

No one will care. 

Other than the super random exceptions when one becomes desirable (1st appearance, killer cover, etc).

Patrick

You just wait until an issue that features a 1st appearance has a first cover appearance and/or first appearance in costume on the variant of the 2nd print. It'll be a thousand dollar CGC 9.8 as soon as the first slabs ship

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

This is proof that Marvel knows exactly how desirable they're ratio variants are. They always have. But this is where they simply said fuggit, we're just gonna show our true colors godamnit

Rumor is that it was not their idea. They were talked into it by stores. I don't have any proof of that.

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

No one will care. 

Other than the super random exceptions when one becomes desirable (1st appearance, killer cover, etc).

Patrick

It will have a first appearance. That's why the 1st print 1:25 has been selling for as much as $200 and they are doing this now.

13 hours ago, RSS0429 said:

Who's the artist on this? Absolutely terrible IMHO

Joe Bennett, also does the interiors and they are good. I agree, odd cover, but it relates to the story.

49 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Rumor is that it was not their idea. They were talked into it by stores. I don't have any proof of that.

It will have a first appearance. That's why the 1st print 1:25 has been selling for as much as $200 and they are doing this now.

Joe Bennett, also does the interiors and they are good. I agree, odd cover, but it relates to the story.

Theres no evidence of a 1st appearance