• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2019 at 11:26 AM, the blob said:

I think he was referring to me. Anyway, my "hypothetical" 9.8 was hardly meant to be disrespectful, but it doesn't sound like you (I'm talking to tbe OP not rma) have the track record to assume a box of 9.8s, particularly after a few weeks in transit media. I sure as heck don't either. If RMA or joeypost or one of the other guys here who does this stuff in volume feels that way that's a little different. But I live in a world where these are potential 9.8s until cgc decides. They are the deciders! Anyway, I hope they figure out what happened to your books.

To me, it seemed like he was talking about their possible 9.8 status because he has gotten similar results from CGC in the past. The OP has taken a lot of heat and, admittedly, been a little too defensive at times, but I don't think he was criticizing anyone else's ability to grade or even CGC's. This had more to do with the value of the comics. 

Also, if you pack something well enough, it really doesn't matter if it goes media mail or not. And we need to stop harping on that. The package arrived there. It was insured. It was signed for. 

7 hours ago, Park said:
10 hours ago, Transplant said:

How much would your mind be blown if I said I have had drinks with RMA and resisted any urge to punch his junk?  

That must have been some bet you lost.

Also, Why the junk? That seems unsanitary.

Why are you two talking about my junk? Had I known the desire to come anywhere near my junk was even a factor, I would have worn a cup.

:sick:

7 hours ago, Transplant said:
7 hours ago, the blob said:

Real men punch each other in the face. Junk punching is last resort stuff.

His face it too lovely.  I never considered it.  

Well, that's true enough. People get lost in my eyes....they say they've never seen one eyeball looking at the ground and the other looking at the sky at the same time.

1 hour ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

They found my books. May be my happiest day

Why did you have to wait until someone asked you? I've read this thread from the beginning and a lot of members showed genuine concern, the least you could have done was thank them personally. You also had a lot of harsh words about the CGC company, again you should apologise as they tried accommodating you while the books were on the missing list.(thumbsu  It'sOnlyRight

Edited by tv horror

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

Why did you have to wait until someone asked you? I've read this thread from the beginning and a lot of members showed genuine concern, the least you could have done was thank them personally. You also had a lot of harsh words about the CGC company, again you should apologise as they tried accommodating you while the books were on the missing list.(thumbsu  It'sOnlyRight

Asked him? Who asked him? The last post in this thread was from almost 2 weeks ago and he posted earlier today that they were found. And an apology? To whom? CGC? For what exactly? What does he have to apologize for? CGC did actually lose his books, didn't they. For several weeks. That is what "we don't know where they are" means... that they are lost. The fact that they were found many weeks later, while great for all involved, does not negate the fact that they were indeed lost for a long time. 

The OP came off defensive and somewhat boorish and I get that he struck people the wrong way. But he did indeed have a legit beef. Everyone was very cavalier about the whole thing. Maybe it was that they weren't necessarily big books but what if they had lost an Action 1 for weeks on end? Would he have had more right to fly off the handle then?

Sorry but you and whoever else is suggesting that the OP has to apologize to CGC for some phantom reason.... well let's just say I think you are way off base.

On 4/10/2019 at 5:45 PM, ExNihilo said:

So any updates on these books? 

12 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

They found my books. May be my happiest day

No one asked?

His reply(thumbsu

6 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Asked him? Who asked him? The last post in this thread was from almost 2 weeks ago and he posted earlier today that they were found. And an apology?

As for the apology the thread title minced no words he clearly stated CGC lost his books. As for yourself what is your vested interest? No I won't be drawn into a debate this is my last word, thank you for replying LordRahl(thumbsu   

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’ll be curious to see what the grades will be after all of this

:fear:

On 3/28/2019 at 10:55 AM, It'sOnlyRight said:

I send in 4 Eternals #1s, Booster Gold #1, and Nova #1 which all have the potential to get 9.8s.