• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, NoMan said:

This seriously veering off the topic of OP, however since you bring up Facebook and the world not making sense, here goes:

I know a woman about 24 that considers herself an artist and paints. This is fine as I consider her an artist, also if she paints. She has asked me to "like" her art page on Facebook or what-the-heck-ever-it-is. I responded, I'm not sure I'm someone to be commenting about paintings but if you want my opinion send me copies of your work and let me know your intent and I'll write you a letter with my thoughts.

She's responds, No, I just want the "like" on Facebook.

I'm not gonna do it. I don't get it. Someone is offering to spend time with your art and take the time to write down their thoughts about your work and you don't care? You just want a "like?" 

A "Like" on facebook is a commodity where having more of them can get you and your page/business noticed more through either ad revenue or exposure potentially through your network of facebook friends and communities. It's basically another drop in the bucket up vote for little effort vs having to send you some art copies and have you go through the trouble of writing a letter while is nice but unless it is a published review that can be read by masses and you're known art critic has practically little to no economic value to her.

I'm not a fan of facebook either but I can see where she's coming from.  I probably wouldn't give her a like on her art page either as I try to avoid facebook as much as possible.

4 minutes ago, justafan said:
6 hours ago, NoMan said:

This seriously veering off the topic of OP, however since you bring up Facebook and the world not making sense, here goes:

I know a woman about 24 that considers herself an artist and paints. This is fine as I consider her an artist, also if she paints. She has asked me to "like" her art page on Facebook or what-the-heck-ever-it-is. I responded, I'm not sure I'm someone to be commenting about paintings but if you want my opinion send me copies of your work and let me know your intent and I'll write you a letter with my thoughts.

She's responds, No, I just want the "like" on Facebook.

I'm not gonna do it. I don't get it. Someone is offering to spend time with your art and take the time to write down their thoughts about your work and you don't care? You just want a "like?" 

A "Like" on facebook is a commodity where having more of them can get you and your page/business noticed more through either ad revenue or exposure potentially through your network of facebook friends and communities. It's basically another drop in the bucket up vote for little effort vs having to send you some art copies and have you go through the trouble of writing a letter while is nice but unless it is a published review that can be read by masses and you're known art critic has practically little to no economic value to her.

I'm not a fan of facebook either but I can see where she's coming from.  I probably wouldn't give her a like on her art page either as I try to avoid facebook as much as possible.

Not only that but a "like" on her Facebook page would bring up her posts on your home page...

Then she could continue to post her art, which you could write your "review"...

Which would be seen by her other people who had "liked"  her page..

All instantaneous 

Rather than pay to ship to you etc....

On 4/23/2019 at 8:08 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I’ll be curious to see what the grades will be after all of this

:fear:

I will let you know. I'll post pics of those 4 eternals #1s. It will determine if my grading sucks or just right on point. i'm thinking at least 1 9.8 in there. All of them are in great shape

20 hours ago, comicdonna said:

My phone has no data.  I turned a computer on for the first time in 2002, to join ebay, so I could buy comics.  I check my e-mails about 3 times a year.

You must have to sift through a lot of Hot Russian Wives and Erections All Night emails then

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Don't forget that Nigerian Prince that needs $6k for a plane ticket so he can gift you $3 million when he gets to the States.

Some government official from Guam (a territory of the United States if ya didn't know) fell hook-line-and-sinker for the Nigerian Prince scam sending a ton of $$$ and losing it and than had the gall to go to the police. At election time, his rivals had a field day. 

5 hours ago, TwoPiece said:
5 hours ago, NoMan said:

You must have to sift through a lot of Hot Russian Wives and Erections All Night emails then

Don't forget that Nigerian Prince that needs $6k for a plane ticket so he can gift you $3 million when he gets to the States.

I had a professional writer offer their services to me recently.

There were spelling mistakes in the email they sent. lol