• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost my books?
2 2

386 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

Crowd full of jealousy and hate indeed

I don't think anyone is jealous.

And the hate is just tongue in cheek.

People who have been here forever have seen so much BS and so many people come and go pulling stuff that they do tend to haze new posters - especially if they feel the poster was just a hit and run (meaning posted a thread and then left)

8 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

Sorry I’m not you. 

0FD31844-FEBA-4144-9F5C-856D47DB6A9D.jpeg

What about the Booster Gold #1 and Nova #1?

The portion of the invoice posted starts at 003. 

On 3/28/2019 at 7:55 AM, It'sOnlyRight said:

It's been almost two weeks. Nothing yet except I got an email that the receiving manager is looking into it. I send in 4 Eternals #1s, Booster Gold #1, and Nova #1 which all have the potential to get 9.8s. At this moment I just want my books back or a fair compensation.

I'm glad OP's books were "found".  But the original point of contention still stands: I think OP jumped the gun by posting an accusatory post within a week of "delivery".  A different, less click-baity heading would have been more appropriate.  I think anyone who has dealt with CGC has experienced delayed books at various stages of the process.  Maybe a book takes too long to get entered into the system, or sits in Verified too long, or maybe in Grading-QC longer than we'd like.  When dealing with CGC, you just have to realize that there needs to be a certain level of patience.  All in all, it appears that OPs books moved through the system in 25 business days which is 2 weeks longer than the current estimated turnaround time for Standard tier.  Does that suck?  Yes.  Is it reasonable to cry wolf after only 5 business days?  No.  My only hope is that OP learns to take a more measured approach with submissions/accusations moving forward.

Edited by ExNihilo

Too much opinions coming from people who think they’re better 

8 hours ago, Number 6 said:

What about the Booster Gold #1 and Nova #1?

The portion of the invoice posted starts at 003. 

You wanna know where I live, what I eat and what time I go to the bathroom too? 

1 hour ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

Too much opinions coming from people who think they’re better 

You shared your opinion that you thought all the books in this submission were "possible 9.8s". 

When asked, you said you would share the grades of the books from this submission - which includes the Booster and Nova. 

The portion of your invoice that you posted seems to indicate that there's 2 more items on it - 001 and 002 - which I assume is the grades for the Booster and Nova. 

I am not prying. 

I only asked about information you have already shared or offered to share. 

I'll take it from your acidic response that you changed your mind on that. 

I'm out. 

17 hours ago, Number 6 said:
19 hours ago, It'sOnlyRight said:

You shared your opinion that you thought all the books in this submission were "possible 9.8s". 

When asked, you said you would share the grades of the books from this submission - which includes the Booster and Nova. 

The portion of your invoice that you posted seems to indicate that there's 2 more items on it - 001 and 002 - which I assume is the grades for the Booster and Nova. 

I am not prying. 

I only asked about information you have already shared or offered to share. 

I'll take it from your acidic response that you changed your mind on that. 

I'm out. 

Translation: He's not as good at picking 9.8s as he led us to believe earlier in the thread. Even worse than the Eternals results indicate.

On 4/27/2019 at 2:43 PM, Lazyboy said:

Translation: He's not as good at picking 9.8s as he led us to believe earlier in the thread. Even worse than the Eternals results indicate.

This has actually been evident in the PGM forum. While we're not CGC, he's been off-consensus on pretty much every guess.

What is everyone's problem with this guy? First you overly defended CGC after they misplaced his books. Then you criticized the guy for sending it Media Mail (even though he also had signature confirmation and insurance). Then you give him guff for his only getting one 9.8 out of the Eternals. I'd be pretty damn defensive too if, instead of being helpful, half of the people commenting are telling him all the things he did wrong. 

He wrote -- early on -- "4 Eternals #1s, Booster Gold #1, and Nova #1 which all have the potential to get 9.8s." If you get one 9.8, two 9.6s, and a 9.2, I think that pre-grading is pretty decent, especially for a group of 40-year-old books. To me, three had a potential to be 9.8s (and one was a mis-step...)

21 minutes ago, RCheli said:

What is everyone's problem with this guy? First you overly defended CGC after they misplaced his books. Then you criticized the guy for sending it Media Mail (even though he also had signature confirmation and insurance). Then you give him guff for his only getting one 9.8 out of the Eternals. I'd be pretty damn defensive too if, instead of being helpful, half of the people commenting are telling him all the things he did wrong. 

He wrote -- early on -- "4 Eternals #1s, Booster Gold #1, and Nova #1 which all have the potential to get 9.8s." If you get one 9.8, two 9.6s, and a 9.2, I think that pre-grading is pretty decent, especially for a group of 40-year-old books. To me, three had a potential to be 9.8s (and one was a mis-step...)

Idk. Maybe all of the impatience and trigger-finger responses and, "I'm not here to make friends and you should share my bleak demeanor" put a sour scent on this topic.

As I said, I expect that they never "lost" the books. They're busy, and it probably costs them more time/money to look for a specific package than to just do their jobs business-as-usual.

I don't think anyone came here for a fight, but the OP didn't seem open to our conjecture or opinions. So what's the point of posting the topic at all? For attention and panic?

What's the old Socrates saying about truthiness and importance?

30 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Let's all get in the octagon and settle this once and for all. 

Hide contents

And by octagon, I mean let's have a Geometry Bee. 

Icocelees do I when? Wher'd I goh ta feet ze prise?