• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auctions without scans of artwork

9 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, The Voord said:

Maybe they're offering some of Steve Donnelly's fake cover artworks and are under strict instructions not to disclose any visual information that might get tongues wagging?

If they are fake, it doesn't matter anyway.

11 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

How can Heritage or any auction house start an auction without scans of the artwork?

The question is "why can't they provide a scan ?"  I guess it's not for a lack of time or resources, so does it mean that they don't have the artwork physically? If that's the case, how can they/we be sure of the accuracy of the description, condition of the artwork, etc? 

10 minutes ago, NicoV said:

The question is "why can't they provide a scan ?"  I guess it's not for a lack of time or resources, so does it mean that they don't have the artwork physically? If that's the case, how can they/we be sure of the accuracy of the description, condition of the artwork, etc? 

IS they dont have the artwork, then why start the auction in the first place?

This looks like it has been cleared up.  The auction houses churn tremendous inventory and images often are slow for online bidders.  I am thankful for everything they provide, whenever they can do it.  David

21 minutes ago, aokartman said:

This looks like it has been cleared up.  The auction houses churn tremendous inventory and images often are slow for online bidders.  I am thankful for everything they provide, whenever they can do it.  David

Yup they have updated it with scans. But that doesn't address the issue. If the auction is not ready to go live then they should delay it. Its a Sunday Ha so a week delay wouldn't hurt.