• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this safe to press?

3 posts in this topic

If I may gather quick feedback. For those comics where there is a crack down the spine (picture attached), are these safe to put through pressing/cleaning? The cover itself has some light creases that could be pressed out easily, but not sure if that will further expose the cracked spine. I'm sure if I worked with someone that could tailor their pressing services to my needs, it would be a non-issue, but generally speaking ... will the comic be further damaged if put through standard pressing? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 4.33.58 PM.png

The Platinum Edition of Spider-Man #1 is notorious for cracked spines due to the thick cover stock used. IMO it is more the ink cracking than paper damage that makes the spine look so bad. I have yet to run across a copy that is not safe to work on, but there are always exceptions. This one would need extra care, but it safe to press.