• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANyone looking for TOS 57 CUrator copy?
2 2

34 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Some of the Curator early SA Marvels came with distributor overspray along their top edges:

7417895],sizedata[850x600]&call=url[file:product.chain]7435285]&call=url[file:product.chain]FF28ped.jpg

Overspray = ink

Now ink is removable without restoration?

12 hours ago, namisgr said:

No.  You're confusing another 9.6 copy with the Curator copy.

RAD93BF82019220_155147.jpg  RAD2C47F201973_162527.jpg

Are these the same copies?  The bottom new label copy has a bit of space between the bottom edge and Hawkeye's toe, whereas the old label copy does not.   

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

Are these the same copies?  The bottom new label copy has a bit of space between the bottom edge and Hawkeye's toe, whereas the old label copy does not.   

They are definitely the same copy

7 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

They are definitely the same copy

How to explain the additional space under Hawkeye's toe?

If it were the other way around, with the space being there with the old slab and now gone with the new slab, then perhaps it could be attributed to micro-trimming.  But it would appear that more paper has been added in the new slab?

Edited by tth2

43 minutes ago, tth2 said:

How to explain the additional space under Hawkeye's toe?

If it were the other way around, with the space being there with the old slab and now gone with the new slab, then perhaps it could be attributed to micro-trimming.  But it would appear that more paper has been added in the new slab?

I'm guessing that the paper was slightly curled in the old scan before it was pressed for the new scan.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:08 PM, namisgr said:

No.  You're confusing another 9.6 copy with the Curator copy.

RAD93BF82019220_155147.jpg  RAD2C47F201973_162527.jpg

I can see the overspray removed, and the wrap looks the same, but hawkeyes boot on the bottom right has a whitespace gap where the 9.2 doesn't have one

7 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Only if the background is white?  Or will that work OK against another color?

White is much, much, much easier. Anything else you would likely remove some of the underlying or surrounding color. 

On 7/13/2019 at 11:44 PM, tth2 said:

Just stumbled upon this thread -
I did not know there are so many multiple Curator copies of #57 - very cool! 🤘

Edited by Icculus308win
Wrong book, I thought mine