• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trimmed copy

24 posts in this topic

Evening all.

Hopefully I'm not breaching any rules or etiquette by posting this here, but I'd value your judgment on this recent purchase. I'm very much a novice at this things, but I'm suspicious that this has been trimmed. The edges look really neat - almost too neat. In particular, the 'TM' trademark seems to be cut off? I've tried comparing with online photos, but again my judgment may be off. Any thoughts from you lovely people will be very much appreciated, thanks :)

20190326_190405.thumb.jpg.9eb64c8a1531fd231930266acc951cbe.jpg20190326_190322.thumb.jpg.2d17d3c3c31a63e74e57439db2fbce45.jpg20190326_190312.thumb.jpg.51d16346ac853d1dfc1addf116e3086a.jpg

'Evening all'?

10p comic?

hm

Are you from New Zealand kasharic? :grin:

Hard to say from the photos. Bit grainy. I see back cover white on the spine, so a bad wrap may explain the missing part of the TM. Post some clearer photos if you can. Oh, and welcome to the pleasure dome. :)

Thanks for the welcome! British actually, rather than from New Zealand :)

With a somewhat steadier hand, I've taken a few more photos. I can see what you mean now about the spine - on the final photo I can see that part of the back image is visable on the spine. Would that possibly explain the cut-off on the right hand side?

20190326_202201.thumb.jpg.11fc612565c93cf3d5390d58c19c5029.jpg

20190326_202254.jpg

20190326_202429.jpg

2 minutes ago, kasharic said:

Thanks for the welcome! British actually, rather than from New Zealand :)

With a somewhat steadier hand, I've taken a few more photos. I can see what you mean now about the spine - on the final photo I can see that part of the back image is visable on the spine. Would that possibly explain the cut-off on the right hand side?

It may, yes. Let's see what others think. 

OTHERS!

There, that should get their attention :wishluck:

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

@Gnasher Bob! We've got a chap from Englandville here, with a ten pence comic. Trimmed or nay say thee?  

NOT TRIMMED!! dagnabbit

And just what in the hell is wrong with everyone over here? I had to schlepp all the way over here from Comics General for this? :whatthe:

xD

Edited by James J Johnson

10 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

@Gnasher Bob! We've got a chap from Englandville here, with a ten pence comic. Trimmed or nay say thee?  

4 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

NOT TRIMMED!! dagnabbit

And just what in the hell is wrong with everyone over here? I had to schlepp all the way over here from Comics General for this? :whatthe:

xD

Thanks James (thumbsu lol

Trim trimeney, trim trimeney, trim trim charoo. It looks like the replies show good news for you.

Trim trimeney, trim trimeney, trim trim charee, it looks like a miswrap is what you can see.

It looks like a miswrap is what you can see! 

Musical assessments. It's the future :)

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Trim trimeney, trim trimeney, trim trim charoo. It looks like the replies show good news for you.

Trim trimeney, trim trimeney, trim trim charee, it looks like a miswrap is what you can see.

I can't imagine anyone trimming a pence copy anyway: the pence pricing is enough to damn it  lol

Edited by Gnasher

4 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

O.o

2x2emf.gif

;)

3 hours ago, oldrover said:

O.o

2x2emf.gif

;)

Hold it flash bang whatta whatta miswrap, whatta miswrap whatta dodgy cut. Poor old mag - dressed up like a hag - staples misaligned, put in a paper bag right now. Hide the thing. Stick it in a mylar sleeve. Whatta miswrap, whatta miswrap, umptiddlyumpumpumpumpum. Stick it in a slab and - be done.

8 hours ago, Gnasher said:
8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Don't you 'sad face' me Gnash :mad:

:)

:sorry:

Don't you 'blue circle with a yellow thing above it dropping something on the floor as it walks off' me Gnash :mad:

:)