• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New EGS, Expert Grading Service??
3 3

138 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

image.png.78fdca145193708ee99f9d8c7a9b1444.png

image.thumb.png.1deafe14a9ec45df91badbe153f010fd.png

^^

Lol better send in those af15 for re grading I’m sure they won’t disappear... lol 

5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I don't see a garage? Or is this the garage? 

It’s an outdoor operation. They set up a bunch of folding tables and their exclusive “Slabbifier” TM  on that huge driveway during normal business hours

8 hours ago, B2D327 said:

It’s an outdoor operation. They set up a bunch of folding tables and their exclusive “Slabbifier” TM  on that huge driveway during normal business hours

One side of the yard for grading and encapsulation, the other for skinnin' gators and varmint for Italian leather goods lol

With all of that said, my comic shop basically charges $5 to grade a book and comic connect does the same. what they don't give is a label with the grade you can show or a sealed stiff mylar. one of those comic size card holder thickness mylars, slip the book inside entombed in a mylite and a high quality back (because you don't want to destroy 10% of the books sliding them in) and a holgram type sticker with the name of the comic and grade that will be destroyed if you try to remove it would be sufficient for most books.

31 minutes ago, the blob said:

With all of that said, my comic shop basically charges $5 to grade a book and comic connect does the same. what they don't give is a label with the grade you can show or a sealed stiff mylar. one of those comic size card holder thickness mylars, slip the book inside entombed in a mylite and a high quality back (because you don't want to destroy 10% of the books sliding them in) and a holgram type sticker with the name of the comic and grade that will be destroyed if you try to remove it would be sufficient for most books.

I agree that a low end grading company like that could work on the multitude of comics that aren't worth the cost of getting graded.  Simple resto check (e.g. see what glows under a black light), quick grade by single grader, into hologram sealed mylite and charge $10.  While CGC seems to have a pretty good business on high end comics I don't know that anyone is addressing the comics that aren't even worth $100 graded.

8 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

I agree that a low end grading company like that could work on the multitude of comics that aren't worth the cost of getting graded.  Simple resto check (e.g. see what glows under a black light), quick grade by single grader, into hologram sealed mylite and charge $10.  While CGC seems to have a pretty good business on high end comics I don't know that anyone is addressing the comics that aren't even worth $100 graded.

yup. of course, if they are $100 in a CGC slab I would think they wouldn't be $100 in a $7-10 "slab", then again, my comic shop gradings sometimes = CGC prices. not sure about comic connect's grading. does comic connect try to parse out grades above 9.4? it seems that my comic shop is loath to call anything over a 9.0, at least on consignment books, which I understand. 

On 3/26/2019 at 10:27 PM, JollyComics said:

What the hell is all about EGS?  Other competitor?

Who the hell is Anthony Trombella?   Other former CGC employee?

Self Service Slabbing?  Perfect accessibility for all Voldemort guys.

It's all about sexual disfunction.

You can quote me.

On 2/6/2022 at 10:01 PM, lizards2 said:
On 3/27/2019 at 12:27 AM, JollyComics said:

What the hell is all about EGS?  Other competitor?

Who the hell is Anthony Trombella?   Other former CGC employee?

Self Service Slabbing?  Perfect accessibility for all Voldemort guys.

Expand  

It's all about sexual disfunction.

You can quote me.

I think  hims is onto something.  :whistle:

On 3/26/2019 at 5:40 PM, kav said:

YGC is HERE!  Yes, YOU grading company is here at last!  YOU submit a book, YOU tell us what grade you want on it!  YOU sell it on ebay!!  YOU cant lose!!!

Almost 3 years later, and this comment has renewed relevance in the face of the great invisibility scam of 2021.

@kav - a victory lap is in order.

On 2/6/2022 at 8:45 PM, mattn792 said:

Almost 3 years later, and this comment has renewed relevance in the face of the great invisibility scam of 2021.

@kav - a victory lap is in order.

247990028_2025506094289790_865092133039554570_n.jpg.424a143c69bff218ef61a633c1e49544.jpg

On 2/7/2022 at 1:44 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:
On 2/6/2022 at 9:45 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

This book just sold at auction.  Take a look at the entire top edge and tell me that's even a 9.4 much less a 9.8.

listings%2FgBDPe8pSTdei6A9Df8A9HYGanTp1%2F960cdab9-c316-4b1f-a57b-93a064400ab3?alt=media&token=15ec3de9-3d40-4828-8e0b-5792002f5cbc

Expand  

Oh, Brother!  :wink:  Whoever bought it got some bad juju on that Voodoo!  Oh well!  It'll have to doo-doo!  (:

lol Yes EGS, Give me a bless, this mess! Clean up on aisle 5!