• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10% off!!! - A Few nice GA GGA books
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Ok, first da rules:

No bad people, HOS members, or anyone who causes trouble. Yeah, I'm talking to you!

First :takeit:in the thread wins over anything else, so if we agree on something in PM post on thread to actually claim it.

Payment via PayPal, check (has to clear before I ship) and Money Order (again, has to clear before I ship).

Shipping is $4 withing CUS for any number of comics you buy, Canada and elsewhere is cost plus a buck (for the trouble, man). 

Returns only if I missed a missing page or something major - contact me and we'll try to work something out.

I will leave this up until probably Friday, unless everything sells real quicklike.

Edited by Qua-Brot
10% discount

First up is a cornucopia of pin ups and GGA! This is one amazing book, chock full of GGA, and well done. 

Pin-Up Pete 1. Seems to me to be a 5.0 or slightly better, but there is a food stain on about 10 pages (goes from nothing to about the size of a quarter and then back again) towards the bottom of some of the pages. Doesn't really affect the pictures. Glossy cover, supple book, great page quality. GPA doesn't help, eBay has a few very low grade books and no sales. Asking $275. 

Comic838.jpg

Comic839.jpg

Next up is a beauty! Cowgirl Romances 4. I've seen 3 of these in the last week (I got 2 in this purchase, sending better one to CGC, and another beater copy is in a lot up for auction later this week). I'd say this is about 3.5 - has a spine roll and a couple small rips on top and right edge, some light staining but otherwise glossy. No creasing. Bottom of spine a little rough. CF detached at bottom staple. Would benefit from a press. No relevant GPA, eBay sold in relatively similar grade (for different reasons) for $153. I'm going to ask $150.

Comic850.jpg

Comic851.jpg

Ozark Ike 21. 2.0 Ike looks perpetually stoned, his girlfriend is cute and shows her legs a lot. In fact this is a leg book, lots of panels with women's legs (and whatever else is going on). Rough condition due to 2 tears from spine into cover at top and bottom. Otherwise a nice complete book with nice page quality. $10

Comic848.jpg

Comic849.jpg

OK, this isn't GGA, but it is GMA - Good Mouse Art! 

Mighty Mouse Adventures 1 4.0. Solid book with a few creases at top right, spine wear, chip at bottom edge, slight staining, off white to white pages, complete. Great fun book! Again, GPA has failed us. eBay sold a few in worse condition for $35, so I'm going to ask $50! 

Comic840.jpg

Comic841.jpg

This is a doozy! I mean, Dizzy?

Dizzy Dames 2, 1.0-1.5. Complete, spine is beat, detached top staple, hanging on bottom from back, cream to off white pages, complete. GPA, what's up with you??? Nothing!! eBay has nothing as well except indications - those being a CGC 4.0 was asking $840, and a #6 in reported 3.5 sold for $350. So . . . I'm going to ask $250 . . . 

Comic842.jpg

Comic843.jpg

Patsy Walker 35, 5.0 to 5.5. Nice book, has some staining/foxing on cover, spine has some stress/wear, otherwise a solid book. Has only one staple (in center, like a war book, but this is from 1951 - anyone know what the deal was?) and everything is solidly attached. Nice off white to white pages. Al Jaffee art! GPA, why do I even bother?? eBay, an incomplete low grade copy offered for $30. No clue. Make me offers if this is too high - $75!

Comic846.jpg

Comic847.jpg

and for the piece d'resistance! 

Freckles and his Friends 8. 2.0. What a cover!!! WOW! Book is complete and attached everywhere. Ripping by bottom staple (and top too, but not as bad). Spine roll. Staining. Supple cream pages. But the cover has vibrant colors and is fine in all the right places. Of course no data from the usual sources. Asking $135

Comic844.jpg

Comic845.jpg