• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Survivor Series- Russ Heath Atlas War- (nomination thread)
2 2

76 posts in this topic

Hello again, everyone!

I've run a number of Survivor Series in the past, and for those that don't know, it's a contest to determine the best book that has been nominated. How do we determine this? By voting off your least favorite books, similar to the old TV show "Survivor".

This is the nomination thread for the Survivor Series.

I have run many Survivor Series contests in the past, and even a Russ Heath one about 4 years ago.  However, with Russ' passing last year, I would like to do it again but for this year the focus will be strictly on his Atlas War covers.  The results will be published in this year's Overstreet Price Guide. 

You may or may not be overly familiar with Mr. Heath's Atlas comic art, but I know that you're going to appreciate it greatly after this contest is over. For those who already know and love Russ Heath, I'm sure you're already looking forward to this. :D

To repeat, my goal is to get you all to post your favorite Russ Heath Atlas War comic covers. I'm very familiar with his DC war efforts, but not as much of his Atlas, so it will be very interesting to see what books get nominated for this contest. :popcorn:

Your choice can be a well-known classic cover, one you feel is classic, or perhaps one you think is superbly done. Really, just any cover that you like very much. We are eventually looking for the best of the best, so please keep that in mind when posting the books that you'd like to nominate. I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but try to select what you would consider to be really nice/cool.

I will accept all covers posted to this thread, as long as they are drawn by Russ Heath and are covers from his Atlas war comic work. After we get enough nominations, I will start the "Survivor Series", to determine the greatest Heath Atlas War cover of all time. Most of my past Survivor Series had over 100 nominations. I'm hoping that we get quite a few, so don't be shy and get posting. (thumbs u

If you need to see what some of the covers look like, there are many great sites that showcase covers. Here are two sites: right here and here. I'm not sure if you can sort by artist or not, but give it a shot.

:baiting: Let's get to it, everyone! Let's see some beautiful Heath covers!! :applause:

Andy (I'm gonna start digging right now :shy: )