• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back log?

32 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I have the submission number at the top of my cgc receipt and when I input it on the site it says unknown

Let me take a shot at this.  The OP sent or gave books to someone on Feb 23rd.  That’s the date on the invoice. 

CGC has no record of the invoice.  That tells me that the person who has your books hasn’t sent them into CGC yet. 

Are they being sent in for pressing by another company other than CCS?

@Hollywood1892 

Unfortunately you are at the mercy of the person you gave books to.  Depending on how many books they do with CGC, they may be waiting for more collectors to submit books to make it worth their while to ship them in.

If you’re in a hurry to get your books graded, then you need a paid account with CGC. Then you can mail your books in yourself and not rely on anyone else.

2 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

@Hollywood1892 

Unfortunately you are at the mercy of the person you gave books to.  Depending on how many books they do with CGC, they may be waiting for more collectors to submit books to make it worth their while to ship them in.

If you’re in a hurry to get your books graded, then you need a paid account with CGC. Then you can mail your books in yourself and not rely on anyone else.

Thanks

3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Any chance you gave these books to

I dont know any of those people Brandon named in the store, I buy most of my comics from a guy out west. I've bought maybe 5 comics from the store. I didnt think it would take that long 2 3 months tops.

yes 10 months is outrageous in any tier. You can see the turn around times when you click on the cgc logo upper left of this page and then check services and fees under grade a comic. But that it cgc's TAT, nit the TAT  of the store you gave your comics to.

7 hours ago, Bird said:

yes 10 months is outrageous in any tier. You can see the turn around times when you click on the cgc logo upper left of this page and then check services and fees under grade a comic. But that it cgc's TAT, nit the TAT  of the store you gave your comics to.

Thanks alot for all your help

I can see how my weekend is shaping out,lol

The slowest service would be the Value Tier which is currently at 66 days (that's business days not weekends or holidays) which is about 3 months. That's from the time CGC receives your books and enters them into their system to delivered at the account holders address. I would recommend just purchasing the cheapest membership so you can track everything yourself.

tat.PNG

42 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

The slowest service would be the Value Tier which is currently at 66 days (that's business days not weekends or holidays) which is about 3 months. That's from the time CGC receives your books and enters them into their system to delivered at the account holders address. I would recommend just purchasing the cheapest membership so you can track everything yourself.

tat.PNG

Thanks

That's what I'm probably gonna do😁