• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying cases of comics
1 1

85 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Pat Thomas said:

How would you go about looking for them, especially locally? Serious question.

He will tell you when your post cost hits 100

How would you go about looking for them, especially locally? Serious question.

@Aweandlorder answered your question:  "Gotta use your resources to find them"

It's about establishing your network, hours of research, copious leg work, and a little bit of luck. Plus having the necessary capital to quickly garner the deal.

2 hours ago, Pirate said:

He will tell you when your post cost hits 100

Don't know if it ever will. I've had an account for years, but only periodically post anything. I didn't realize there was a number of posts required to ask questions.

7 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

If I buy all of the raw Spawn #1s on the market right now, I'll have a monopoly on the market when the reboot comes out.

Cue that, "money money money money money money" song Jesse Pinkman was listening to in BB.

Just don't tell Swami or Hollywood.

Or CAL 

Don't know if it ever will. I've had an account for years, but only periodically post anything. I didn't realize there was a number of posts required to ask questions.

Establish yourself in the hobby. Become the person people call when they make a warehouse find. It will take years of traveling and buying collections and thousands upon thousands in local advertising and travel/eBay fees living your life as a full time dealer. You really can’t just show up anonymously online and say “Hey, anyone know of any warehouses full of crates of untouched keys?” 

19 hours ago, obiedagod said:

I just talked to a guy who said he sold 200 copies of Spider-Man #252 in 2014-2015. I know a comic shop that has a bunch of #252's, all in high grade. I figure (Correct me if I'm wrong) that these guys must be buying either cases these books or buying them from some person who happens to have a bunch of copies. 

Though, What I really want to know is: How on earth do you find these people that have these unopened cases and/or huge piles of a single issue?? Craigslist ads, Ebay ads, cons?

Help the newb!

My old store ordered a case of Thor 339. He still had them in wrappers 17 years later. If he had not closed he'd probably still have a few hundred copies in wrappers.

2 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

Establish yourself in the hobby. Become the person people call when they make a warehouse find. It will take years of traveling and buying collections and thousands upon thousands in local advertising and travel/eBay fees living your life as a full time dealer. You really can’t just show up anonymously online and say “Hey, anyone know of any warehouses full of crates of untouched keys?” 

Just asked a question. I'm not a dealer. I'm a collector who has enough money to actually do the things most people only talk about. If you're who I think you are, you're not a dealer either, just a malcontent who gets off marking snarky comments on message boards.

38 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Well.

:popcorn:

Well I had a crate of comics but now I'll just write Jimmy all over them and cut them up for gluing to a comic box.

But but, I only ask the question, because always be closing :whee: