• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying cases of comics
1 1

85 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I had a crate of comics but now I'll just write Jimmy all over them and cut them up for gluing to a comic box.

But but, I only ask the question, because always be closing :whee:

In other words OP got some splainin' to doooooo! (:

58 minutes ago, Pat Thomas said:

Just asked a question. I'm not a dealer. I'm a collector who has enough money to actually do the things most people only talk about. If you're who I think you are, you're not a dealer either, just a malcontent who gets off marking snarky comments on message boards.

Attaboy! I got respect for this kid. He's got a lot of balls. Good for you! Don't take no mess off nobody.

Edited by jsilverjanet

Just now, obiedagod said:

Why would I have some explaining to do?

I'm messing with you, but you got a thoughtful and respectful answer to your question (shrug), then proceeded to take offense and at what I'm not sure .....

I thought it was on purpose, maybe not?

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm messing with you, but you got a thoughtful and respectful answer to your question (shrug), then proceeded to take offense and at what I'm not sure .....

When did I take offense?

3 minutes ago, faster friends said:

My uncle has hundreds of Byrne xmen, Miller DD, and most 80’s books.

He was a heavy speculator when he had comic book stores.

:takeit:

11 minutes ago, obiedagod said:
12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm messing with you, but you got a thoughtful and respectful answer to your questio(shrug), then proceeded to take offense and at what I'm not sure .....

When did I take offense?

I guess the the answer was not! :takeit:

3 minutes ago, obiedagod said:
5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I guess the the answer was not! :takeit:

I didn't take offense at anything in this post.. Did you mistake me for that other guy on this topic?

Not you the OP the other OP, that's him lol :tink:

Wasn't trying to insinuate you @obiedagod

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:
2 hours ago, Pat Thomas said:

Just asked a question. I'm not a dealer. I'm a collector who has enough money to actually do the things most people only talk about. If you're who I think you are, you're not a dealer either, just a malcontent who gets off marking snarky comments on message boards.

Attaboy! I got respect for this kid. He's got a lot of balls. Good for you! Don't take no mess off nobody.

Edited 1 hour ago by jsilverjanet

This looks like someone hijacked your account and posted... :whistle:

On 3/28/2019 at 10:31 PM, Alf Pogs said:

I remember a Wizard interview with Leifeld where he said he had millions of returns/unsold/overprinted. 

Liefeld has also claimed they sold five million copies of xforce 1, which no one believes. Don't put much stake into his claims.

Edited by SBRobin

19 hours ago, Pat Thomas said:

That was actual advice on how to acquire the connections to get access to these crates of comics you desire. Your money isn’t going to get you anywhere if nobody knows who you are. Congratulations on bragging about it in a conversation where nobody asked though, I’m sure you’re the richest guy here 😎

Anecdotal story: I once saw a full box of ASM 500 at a Tower Records/Books going out of business Sale.  The entire box had maybe less than 1% of ding free high grade copies.

By the time I brought my 5 or so nice copies to the clerk, they proceeded to waddle them up and throw them in a bag. I tried to stop that, but alas...

So, either it was picked through many times already (without any consideration), or employees kicked the box around several times before it got to that point.  What I wonder more, is how do people find a full box of all high grade copies?  I would figure that each route lowers the aggregate grade every time they get moved around.

Raise your hand if you've ever accidentally somehow dropped a long box, and shed a tear or two (hand raised).

Edited by bronze_rules