• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying cases of comics
1 1

85 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Alf Pogs said:

Let's all hit the LCS this week and order some cases. Meet back here in 45 years to see who scored the most.

I'm in, though I'm not sure how well these cases of beer are going to hold up for 45 years.

6 hours ago, RonS2112 said:

So, I have no clue how old you are, but if you were around in the mid90s, you’ll remember all sorts of excessive behavior like this.  People buying multiple copies of every gimmick book that came down the pike, and selling for exhorbitant prices to feed a fad.  ASM #361 was being sold for $20 a copy mere weeks after its initial release and only recently re-attained those prices.  

Craigslist has sales of multiple-copy 90s books every day.  

Which is why the multiple-variant cover fad of late is a bit alarming.

I missed the 90s, sadly...

In Canada, Petro-Canada gas stations had cases upon cases of Amazing Spider-Man 360 and 363 as giveaways back in ...when was that...late 1980's? I grabbed handfuls of them as did other collectors, I'm sure.