• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor City Comic Con MY 17-19 2019
2 2

40 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, electricprune said:

I have been asked by the city of Novi to confirm if @greggy is attending again this year. They need to prepare for police overtime to control the crowds around the city if he is.

Nope, you're safe this year and probably forever. 

6 minutes ago, electricprune said:

This is disappointing on so many levels.

That con blows especially the amenities in the area. 

Didn't think I'd be able to make it to Motor City this year but some plans changed. So, I'll probably go as I've only missed it once in the last 25 years. That said, no Dale Roberts or Bob Storms. I think Megacon is pulling the larger dealers away. 

4 hours ago, Shadow said:

Didn't think I'd be able to make it to Motor City this year but some plans changed. So, I'll probably go as I've only missed it once in the last 25 years. That said, no Dale Roberts or Bob Storms. I think Megacon is pulling the larger dealers away. 

I agree.  Dale always has a killer booth at this show.  Same with Ted from Superworld but like you said, megacon going head to head sucks.  

It is silly to have two major shows going the same weekend.  

10 hours ago, Shadow said:

I heard Motor City Show is up for sale? 

That is the rumor here locally.  This is supposedly Goldman’s last year.  How this show goes this year may directly influence the purchase from one of the big con promoters from what I’ve heard. 

Edited by SkOw

On 4/27/2019 at 11:50 PM, SkOw said:

I agree.  Dale always has a killer booth at this show.  Same with Ted from Superworld but like you said, megacon going head to head sucks.  

It is silly to have two major shows going the same weekend.  

I like it as long as some smaller guys fill the void.  I'd much rather go to a Con with a bunch of small dogs then hang out with a room full of big dogs.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:04 PM, Shadow said:

Looks like no Superworld nor Greg Reece as well.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I like it as long as some smaller guys fill the void.  I'd much rather go to a Con with a bunch of small dogs then hang out with a room full of big dogs.

Fair point. I know of 2 first time dealers setting up at this show.  One of them has only done 1-2 small 1 day type shows and has tons of mostly “unpicked” stock in there.   Those kind of guys won’t have $10,000 GA keys/high grade books but they will have tons of flipable affordable keys for the flip crowd and silver/bronze run filler for the collector crowd.  

Just now, SkOw said:

Fair point. I know of 2 first time dealers setting up at this show.  One of them has only done 1-2 small 1 day type shows and has tons of mostly “unpicked” stock in there.   Those kind of guys won’t have $10,000 GA keys/high grade books but they will have tons of flipable affordable keys for the flip crowd and silver/bronze run filler for the collector crowd.  

Not if you get there first - load in day hoarder.

5 hours ago, electricprune said:

Looks like no Superworld nor Greg Reece as well.

Yes, unfortunately we won't be able to make it this year. We originally had it on the schedule not knowing that Megacon was the same weekend. Hopefully next year the shows won't overlap so we can make it back to Novi.

2 hours ago, AustinReece_GRRC said:

Yes, unfortunately we won't be able to make it this year. We originally had it on the schedule not knowing that Megacon was the same weekend. Hopefully next year the shows won't overlap so we can make it back to Novi.

Send Dad up!  Jim and I will just chill at the booth and watch sports like we did at C2E2 :baiting: