• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East Coast Comic Con, Secaucus, NJ, MAY 17-19, 2019
1 1

33 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Cosmos56 said:

It seems like there is still confusion about CGC being there. The only reason I want to attend is to submit to CGC. Has anyone figure out if they will be there?

You should call them on the phone

Friday report:

1) the "CGC Services" booths were vacant but the generic sign with their name was there.  

2) the place was absolutely packed all day as the fans and lines for George Perez were non- stop and insane.  He blew away my expectations.

When his hand was tired for signing, he took a "break" by appearing on a panel so fans got Perez non-stop.  He will sign everything in exchange for a donation to Heroes Initiative.  (thumbsu

People with VIP tickets still waited about 2 hours to get to George.

No sketches whatsoever.  Don't bother asking.  His list opened up 2 months ago for 15 slots only.  That booked up in 5 minutes.  He did the head sketches and marker in advance.  People picked them up at the show.

Healthy lines for Starlin, Lim, Sinnott, O'Neill.

3) a lot of wheeling and dealing for comics and art at the start of the show that probably initiated in the parking lot.  Lol.

I met up with lots of collectors and it's only day 1.

Cheers!

N.

Jay

I met you and your wife at my friend Nick's booth when you picked up the Kraven page from Creatures on the Loose issue.  I had the orange vest on. 

I mentioned to Nick, I know him from somewhere.  Great to meet you in person.  Lol.

It is a great show.  I'm stopping by again on Saturday.

See everyone soon.

Cheers!

N.

5 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

Jay

I met you and your wife at my friend Nick's booth when you picked up the Kraven page from Creatures on the Loose issue.  I had the orange vest on. 

I mentioned to Nick, I know him from somewhere.  Great to meet you in person.  Lol.

It is a great show.  I'm stopping by again on Saturday.

See everyone soon.

Cheers!

N.

Nice!! I was going to ask if any of you guys were boardies lol Tell Nick I said thanks again and I got his email.. will be in touch soon. 

(thumbsu  I hope to see you and your wife at another show soon Jay.  Larry Stroman has been killing it with his commissions at the show.

Quick Saturday report:

Lines for Perez are still crazy.  The fans somehow remain energized and excited throughout nonetheless. Tons of fans from NYC made the trek via public transportation just to see Perez.  

A few people were upset to learn that Denny O'Neill was only at the show Friday and missed out on getting his signature.

This show has been great for anyone looking for raw books, $1 or $2 reading copies, and TPBs.  There are plenty of deals to be made if you are willing to look through the bins.

I will not be there Sunday so have fun everyone.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

I went to the Sunday session of ECCC and had a great time.  It was a mid sized show with a decent turnout of dealers.  Logistically, the Meadowlands expo center was right off the highway, parking was plentiful, and the morning line to enter was not long. Since it was Sunday I think the excitement and energy had settled down a bit and it was a pretty low-key atmosphere, not too crowded, and dealers were relaxed, engaging and friendly.  There was a relatively small cosplay crowd (or I just wasn't paying any attention to them) for the contest at the end of the day.  There was quite a lot of space dedicated to artists, special guests, and exhibit booths, but not much action going on there on Sunday.  Again, I think most of that action happened Friday and Saturday.  That was fine with me, as I went primarily to hunt for GA books on my list, pick up some reasonably-priced (hopefully) silver age keys, and look for good reading material for a deal.  I was not disappointed.

I picked up a unique item that i'm absolutely thrilled with: The Hand of Fate #8 (in an alien slab) with the designation "From the Burt Frohman Collection" that included the original writers manuscript for the story.  Burt Frohman was the writer for many HOF issues and kept a copy of each comic with his original manuscript (which was quite detailed)!  The manuscript was fascinating to read as it described in great detail the illustrations that the artist was to render for each panel, as well as the dialogue and background narrative text.  This collection is truly one-of-a-kind and i'm happy to own a piece.  I also picked up a couple books from my GA want list, as well as some great affordable readers.  Big shout out to Steve  @Golden Memories , Rob @Moving Pictures Comics (not on the boards?) , and Joe @Qua-Brot for the great conversation and camaraderie, and the awesome books at very reasonable prices.  Looking forward to hopefully seeing you guys at Baltimore ComicCom and TeriffiCon! 

20190519_200851.jpg

20190519_200624.jpg20190519_200456.jpg

20190519_202448.jpg

20190519_224930.jpg

20190519_225005.jpg

20190519_225108.jpg

Edited by davet75

47 minutes ago, SSkufan said:

@davet75 That Fate book is awesome!!!

Thanks,  it is a spectacular piece.   Steve @Golden Memories picked up the entire collection from the Frohman estate and still has a few left.  They've been selling briskly unsurprisingly.  I'll probably pick up another piece from the collection if he hasn't completely sold out by then.  Rob @moving pictures comics also has a couple of the Frohman books, and i was told that Heritage bought a large part of the collection from Steve.  I think both Steve and Rob will be at Baltimore Comic-Con and Boston. 

Hi, for those who submitted comics to Surreal Comics and Cards (authorized CGC dealer) for CGC grading at the East Coast Comic Con on May 18th....has anyone received their books yet?......I still haven't received mine and when I call them no one ever answers the phone and if you leave a number they don't call back.

has anyone dealt with them before and got their books back?

getting a little worried since we gave them our books and paid upfront at the show but not getting any response