• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Harvey (pre-1956)
3 3

221 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2019 at 9:38 AM, Jayman said:

@goldenharvey Great Caspers! I love the early Casper, Wendy & Spooky books. If you notice, most people are posting PCH books including myself. Harvey is unique IMO as they were one of the only publishers that still sold stories with ghosts, witches and other supernatural beings AFTER the code. They were clever enough to convert the characters over to comedy/kids comics. Here’s another PCH that I like. Please post more if you got em! Welcome to the boards!

Yes I love the early Caspers, Little Dots, Little Audrey, etc.   They just have a very quaint innocence about them.  I just bought a Spooky #1 on ebay that isn't in great shape, but glad to have it.   I also like the Harvey 3D books and here are a couple of those that I have.

3-D Dolly 1 CGC 9.4.jpg

Adventures in 3-D 1 CGC 9.6.jpg

This thread needs more salacious Harvey romance.  Underappreciated due to the abundance of file/warehouse copies, but so many great Avison and Elias covers, and so many great interior stories.  The High School Romance #10, and True Love Problems #24 also have OPG citations that I guess CGC doesn't feel like are PC enough to put on the label notes...

TLPAI24cgc94.jpg

HSR10cgc92.jpg

HSR32cgc85.jpg

56 minutes ago, szav said:

This thread needs more salacious Harvey romance.  Underappreciated due to the abundance of file/warehouse copies, but so many great Avison and Elias covers, and so many great interior stories.  The High School Romance #10, and True Love Problems #24 also have OPG citations that I guess CGC doesn't feel like are PC enough to put on the label notes...

TLPAI24cgc94.jpg

HSR10cgc92.jpg

HSR32cgc85.jpg

Nice books!

And no way CGC was going to put those OSPG notations on the label , but it's probably a conversation for another day. Agree Harvey Romance is certainly underappreciated/overlooked, but why do the Horror books escape the warehouse/file copy find 'curse' but the Romance books don't?