• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Harvey (pre-1956)
3 3

221 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sagii said:

why do the Horror books escape the warehouse/file copy find 'curse' but the Romance books don't? 

I don't think they do... as evidenced by the following HA lot.  I just think there's a certain threshold of interest that the romance hasn't gotten over yet.  I've never seen it stated what the number of copies of this or that Harvey book found were, but I'd guess there's still a lot fewer copies of Chamber of Chills 19 than there are your typical SA key. There's just not enough copies around for the number of collector interested.  But for romance, you still only have a handful of people going after them so its high grade copies for everyone who wants one...for now.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/chamber-of-chills-19-multiple-file-copy-group-harvey-1953-condition-average-gd-vg-total-18-comic-books-/a/19062-12153.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515

It is kind of funny when you think that Harvey had to have a cat on the cover (or a guy in a cat costume) after they dropped Black Cat adventure for generic horror comics.  By the time issue 46 came around they changed their logo to suggest the Mystery was no longer an issue and no cats were necessary on the cover.

16905447140_8d1ceaba56_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

12 hours ago, szav said:

I don't think they do... as evidenced by the following HA lot.  I just think there's a certain threshold of interest that the romance hasn't gotten over yet.  I've never seen it stated what the number of copies of this or that Harvey book found were, but I'd guess there's still a lot fewer copies of Chamber of Chills 19 than there are your typical SA key. There's just not enough copies around for the number of collector interested.  But for romance, you still only have a handful of people going after them so its high grade copies for everyone who wants one...for now.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/chamber-of-chills-19-multiple-file-copy-group-harvey-1953-condition-average-gd-vg-total-18-comic-books-/a/19062-12153.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515

The auction you referenced was from 10 years ago.  I think that issue goes for a tad higher today...;)

8 hours ago, RICK STARR said:

496541086_BLACKCAT45.thumb.jpg.093c492826d009c0f8a9ff349cce7761.jpg

2006228122_LITTLELOTTA1.thumb.jpg.869ff461e84fda950befca9618a4d1ee.jpg

1291511139_BABYHUEY1.thumb.jpg.d2b0cd1a0fd4873135ea08d99f5ac43c.jpg

Very nice with the Little Lotta !   At one point several years ago, I had an 8.5 but had to sell it, because I needed the cash flow.  I still regret that.  It's obviously a next to impossible book to find in high grade, as most of the early Harveys are.  

Edited by goldenharvey