• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Harvey (pre-1956)
3 3

221 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Jayman said:

@kaculler Great books and seldom posted here (if ever)!

Welcome to the boards! :applause:

Thanks, Jayman! 

I'm a member of a few Facebook groups and have lurked on the CGC boards a couple of times, but thought it would be fun to share some of the early books that I have.  I collect all of the Harvey humor books from the 1950s up and have filled a number of holes in recent years.  I also collect Archies and other humor and non humor books, but the Harveys are where it all began for me.

@kaculler  Yes, really nice collection there.   I love that Little Dot 3 and always looking for a nice copy, but CGC Census suggests very few out there, as would be expected.   And I think Little Max 1 is the first appearance of Little Dot, and good one there as well.

I wish I would have bought more of the early file copies in the 90s (and not sold some of what I did buy) and also some of the Heritage auctions in 2003 had a lot of high grade books.  There was one particular Heritage auction just packed full of high grade Harvey file copies, but I could not afford more than one or two.

But the treasure hunt continues....

8 hours ago, goldenharvey said:

@kaculler  Yes, really nice collection there.   I love that Little Dot 3 and always looking for a nice copy, but CGC Census suggests very few out there, as would be expected.   And I think Little Max 1 is the first appearance of Little Dot, and good one there as well.

I wish I would have bought more of the early file copies in the 90s (and not sold some of what I did buy) and also some of the Heritage auctions in 2003 had a lot of high grade books.  There was one particular Heritage auction just packed full of high grade Harvey file copies, but I could not afford more than one or two.

But the treasure hunt continues....

Thanks.  I wish that I had gotten serious about the 1940s/50s Harvey issues earlier than I did.  I had them on my want list, but didn't actively pursue the early issues until around 10 years ago.  Those file copies would be really nice to have.

I think the Little Max #1 has the second appearance of Little Dot.  Sad Sack #1 came out a month earlier and I think that one is the first appearance.  I haven't picked up that issue yet.

Edited by kaculler

Was catching up reading some of my recent purchases today. Green Hornet #24 from 1945. Thought it was a no brainer and won’t even apologize for it’s condition. WELL worth every bit the $20. I dropped for it. Starts off with a cover that is listed as “classic” in Overstreet. Just about every story is a winner. So much fun to get cheap readers like this. Stoked to own a great beater like this for the price of 4 worthless moderns. Who says GA has to be expensive? Take this you “high grade” snobs!

3E9878DB-3059-4D26-B861-16972246C3E8.jpeg

A86F4B4F-A700-4304-831D-1B238EA53451.jpeg

252B35A7-6DB6-49C6-88B2-D6E2A1FC2E53.jpeg

D8A95635-75C7-4F12-A4E6-3771D94FA20F.jpeg

DAEB9F59-888E-42BF-A1F0-2514C116C7E3.jpeg

E49A79F9-4701-4687-83E1-37FA0718B2F0.jpeg