• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA Dell & others - FC, WDCS, Barks Ducks, Mickey Mouse, Pogo, GGA, Lassie #1, Fiction House, etc
1 1

34 posts in this topic

Welcome to my latest sales thread. These books were selected from a recent collection buy. They are generally a bit lower grade, but solid.

Shipping will be paid by the buyer to your actual location, maximum of $10 within the US. International buyers are welcome, and will pay shipping to your location with no maximum.

Payment via Paypal, checks, or MOs are welcome. Paypal only from international buyers.

Returns on raw books are always welcomed. If it is a simple disagreement on grade return shipping is on the buyer, if I missed something material return shipping is on me.

Will be adding books for a day or two, so feel free to start a stack.

Here is the first book to start me off and hold the space, I will be back in a bit to get the thread started in earnest.

Henry Aldrich Comics #14 G/VG -- asking $5 + shipping

Solid enough copy, some minor tanning to inside covers and page edges with some minor edge chipping. 1/4" bug chew on spine, cover and centerfold both firmly attached.

HenryAldrich14.jpg

HenryAldrich14bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Super Duck #63 VGish -- asking $10 + shipping

Everything well attached, minor chipping to edges of covers, dust shadows to back cover. Excellent color and gloss, decent pages.

SuperDuck63.jpg

SuperDuck63bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio
Bolded price

A Date with Judy #36 VG -- asking $20 + shipping

Another solid book with cover and centerfold well attached. Minor edge chipping, short tear to right edge, and some darkening to middle front cover. Might be humidity from being in a stack? Doesn't appear to be traditional moisture, and book is still flat and reasonably fresh.

DateJudy36.jpg

DateJudy36bc.jpg

Wambi, Jungle Boy #12 Fr/G -- asking $15 + shipping

The only Fiction House in the collection, but it is an uncommon one. Cover is detached, with a fair bit of splitting along spine, but covers are still attached to one another. Several edge chips and tears, with a 1/4" square piece of tape applied to a right edge tear on the inside of the front cover. Book is complete, centerfold is attached at both staples. Some tears to first wrap but it too is attached and complete.

Wambi12.jpg

Wambi12bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Lassie #1 G/G+ -- asking $20 + shipping

Very solid copy with nice eye appeal for the grade. Cover barely hanging on at top staple, centerfold attached at both. Book was pressed to correct a bit of a spine roll.

Lassie01.jpg

Lassie01bc.jpg

Sweetheart Diary #13 G -- asking $9 + shipping

1/2" split to top spine, and about a 1" spine split to first few wraps on the inside. Otherwise everything is well attached. Love the tattoo-esque date stamp.

SweetheartDiary13.jpg

SweetheartDiary13bc.jpg

Young Romance #61 (Vol. 7 #1) G/G+ -- asking $15 + shipping

Cover is barely attached at both staples, centerfold is attached at both a bit more firmly. Worst defect is the chipping at bottom spine of the back cover, no art or story is affected.

YoungRomance61.jpg

YoungRomance61bc.jpg

Ok, I think I should be able to get to the Four Colors today, and maybe the WDCS either later this evening or tomorrow.

Four Color #147 Poor (cf out) -- asking $25 + shipping (1/4 of OSPG 2.0)

Barks art. Book is rough, but is an example. Centerfold appears to be missing (according to my research at Comics.org). "Volcano Valley" story is 26 pages instead of 30, other stories are intact. Cover is detached but holding together at spine, though fragile. Two remaining center wraps are detached, some tattering to edges but fully readable.

FC147.jpg

FC147bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Four Color #282 VG -- asking $75 + shipping SOLD :news:

Barks art. Solid book, complete based upon my research (12 pages each side of the staples, plus covers). Everything is well attached at both staples, supple paper. Bit of something stuck to the cover at the top of the vault door (may be removable, not going to try it). Bit of spine roll. Quite a nice copy for the grade.

FC282.jpg

FC282bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Four Color #291 Poor (4 cfs out) -- asking $15 + shipping

Good placeholder, or if you might need other parts. Based on what I can tell the four center wraps are missing. Cover is actually still attached but (obviously) quite rough. Part of back cover has been cut off to make the shark's mouth move (there are slits cut on either side of the mouth, per step 1 of the instructions.

FC291.jpg

FC291bc.jpg

Four Color #308 G/VG -- asking $50 + shipping SOLD :news:

Barks art. Everything is attached at both staples (note the small hole at the top edge of the lower staple, but that doesn't affect its hold on the cover). Spine roll. Bit of a bug chew along the spine to the left of the bull's horns. Other than these issues the book is quite supple.

FC308.jpg

FC308bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Four Color #325 (Mickey Mouse #2) G/VG -- asking $12 + shipping

Everything is well attached, good color and gloss. Bit of chipping along the spine, and small pieces out of the edges of some pages (no story or art is affected). Lower grade but solid.

FC325.jpg

FC325bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio
Typo

Four Color #356 VG+ -- asking $35 + shipping

Barks cover only. Book is really nice structurally, with only light wear and that bit of a stain at the top of the back cover. Very tight at staples.

FC356.jpg

FC356bc.jpg

Four Color #367 VG-/VG -- asking $45 + shipping SOLD :news:

Barks art. Very solid book that is well attached everyplace. Worst defect is that heavy crease that affects the cover and the first 6 pages.

FC367.jpg

FC367bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

The WDCS run is between #95-134, including 1st Barks WDCS, 1st Scrooge in WDCS, Donald Duck huffing ether (!), 1st Junior Woodchucks, and 1st Beagle Boys. I'll get those going tomorrow. In the meantime, I welcome any offers!

Edited by mysterio