• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you get factory sealed comics graded?

12 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Okay do why are people taking ultimate fallout 4 out of the factory seal ro get it graded?

If people are taking it out, it's no longer factory sealed now is it?   My first post is based on your topic.  Taking it out changes everything.  :sumo:

44 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

If people are taking it out, it's no longer factory sealed now is it?   My first post is based on your topic.  Taking it out changes everything.  :sumo:

I know😁

It's just confusing to me that a comic increases in value after taking it out of a factory seal, which in my opinion modifies the comic book.

5 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I know😁

It's just confusing to me that a comic increases in value after taking it out of a factory seal, which in my opinion modifies the comic book.

Video game grading follows your thinking: here are some samples of their standards or were they create two scales. 

• Standard Grading Scale – for sealed/new in package video games, systems, and accessories from all years
  • Qualified Grading Scale (items are accompanied by documentation) – for opened package with new contents video games, systems and accessories from all years

...but baseball cards sealed in an unopened set are not guaranteed to be mint and as valuable as well graded ones. Comics are like that. A sealed comic in a bag even leaves an indentation from where the seal was made that technically damages the comic.

3 hours ago, dfx1 said:

Video game grading follows your thinking: here are some samples of their standards or were they create two scales. 

• Standard Grading Scale – for sealed/new in package video games, systems, and accessories from all years
  • Qualified Grading Scale (items are accompanied by documentation) – for opened package with new contents video games, systems and accessories from all years

...but baseball cards sealed in an unopened set are not guaranteed to be mint and as valuable as well graded ones. Comics are like that. A sealed comic in a bag even leaves an indentation from where the seal was made that technically damages the comic.

Thank you

6 hours ago, dfx1 said:

I'm actually thoroughly disappointed in myself. I just purchased a factory sealed ultimate fallout 4 listening to sellers description rather than vigorously examining the book. He said nm+ and yet the staple looks like its partially into the U.

8 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm actually thoroughly disappointed in myself. I just purchased a factory sealed ultimate fallout 4 listening to sellers description rather than vigorously examining the book. He said nm+ and yet the staple looks like its partially into the U.

The U hugs the corner on that cover so maybe its not a big deal. Sometimes staple position is looked at as a manufacturing variance and doesn't impact grade. The polybag seal on the book may leave a crease on the book from the heat seal. If this is present it would require a press to remove to improve the grade. I don't know. Just random things to think about. 

36 minutes ago, dfx1 said:

The U hugs the corner on that cover so maybe its not a big deal. Sometimes staple position is looked at as a manufacturing variance and doesn't impact grade. The polybag seal on the book may leave a crease on the book from the heat seal. If this is present it would require a press to remove to improve the grade. I don't know. Just random things to think about. 

Thank you😁

Spoke to the seller, he said the pictures were deceiving that the book is in pretty good condition.